Page 1 of 3
I just thought of an interesting thread topic, so here it is.

what's the funniest/strangest thing you've seen in a music store? i'm talking about things that people play or noobs trying to play.
I saw a monkey **** an input jack... hello?
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by FrozenSheep
Done many many times sir.

Meh someone with a Hendrix avatar is one to talk.

Just playing.

All my trips to the local music store have been uneventful.
one of my last trips to GC, i was trying out an amp and a kid doing the same behind me was playing and it sounded good, then he tried to play ''walk'' by pantera, and the intro/most of the song is like what 3 notes? and he was so bad, i had to stop playing for a minute cuz i was laughing
The strangest had to be a Christian lady telling me not to listen to rock because they are a bad influence on me and will lead me down the wrong road I just let it slide then it dawned on me she was in the Christian music section and walked all the way to where I was just to tell me this and I was kinda annoyed.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
i work at guitar center....

a man came in wearing really short short short shorts....

he went to put his leg up on a stool so he could try a guitar...mind you he was standing....

his ball fell out of his shorts...
John Petrucci Fanclub (Member #2), PM chase09 to join
The guitar tech was tightening a nut on the head stock of an old acoustic guitar with these really heavy steel strings. I heard a pop sound and the string broke and whipped him near the eye, he had a red line across his face and he stormed out of the room saying "IM BLIND!!"lol I am pretty sure he got fired after
Quote by Maggot3000
one of my last trips to GC, i was trying out an amp and a kid doing the same behind me was playing and it sounded good, then he tried to play ''walk'' by pantera, and the intro/most of the song is like what 3 notes? and he was so bad, i had to stop playing for a minute cuz i was laughing

simple stuff played wrong? i've seen that.

i was watching one kid play a guitar at a store once and he said, i know enter sandman, and he played a really bad version that sounded nothing like it. then i said, wow i play it way different than that. i then played it correctly, and he had this look like, wow you're awesome, dude.
Quote by TOAOIsaac
Guitar Hero 3.

Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by Maggot3000

it might have sounded bad for two reasons. one, a lot of walk tabs are wrong, and two, it's in drop d, so standard sounds retarded when you play walk.
Quote by Maggot3000
Wow you're a cunt. So what if some kid can't play a song, at least he's trying.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Chikitty_China
I saw a monkey **** an input jack... hello?

wow... i wish i was cool and funny like you \sarcasm
Quote by element4433
Wow you're a cunt. So what if some kid can't play a song, at least he's trying.

yes, you have to give people credit for trying, but only when they're attempting really insane solos, or if you know they're just starting out. walk is one of the easiest songs out there (solo not included in that statement), and it's rare to see guitarists mess that up.
The funniest thing I've ever seen are when parents who have no control over their young children let them run around the store while the owner has a very nervous look on his face.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I had a really cool moment once. I was in the acoustic guitar section of Ken Stanton, and this dude started playing pretty loud, so naturally I tried to one up him, and eventually, I decided hey, can't beat him... why not join him? We never said a word, never made eye contact even, but we just sat there for half an hour jamming. He played rhythm, I'd play lead, and then we just kind of knew when to switch.
Never did speak to the guy at all, but it was an epic moment.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
one time this emo kid came and asked to use this parker guitar that is kinda like a tele and what happend is that he was playing soo badly and then i pickup a guitar (i was playing for like 3 months and this was long ago) and i owned this kid people started looking at me twice beucase compared to this crappy emo kid i was amazing lol
Quote by BennyStruggle
The guitar tech was tightening a nut on the head stock of an old acoustic guitar with these really heavy steel strings. I heard a pop sound and the string broke and whipped him near the eye, he had a red line across his face and he stormed out of the room saying "IM BLIND!!"lol I am pretty sure he got fired after

Epic!
Snarf one time i played jordan acoustically on guitar hero 3

and i totally got 1 million points
Quote by ShizNick

GTFO!

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot3000
Wow you're a ****. So what if some kid can't play a song, at least he's trying.

the point in that was, what he was playing before was much more complicated than that song and it sounded great , then when he went to a very simple song it blew.
Quote by ShizNick

Put it on youtube, or GTFO.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by tayroar
The strangest had to be a Christian lady telling me not to listen to rock because they are a bad influence on me and will lead me down the wrong road I just let it slide then it dawned on me she was in the Christian music section and walked all the way to where I was just to tell me this and I was kinda annoyed.

But that rock and roll music you listen to is terrible Like one time, I heard this guy say "heck" in a song and I was like, "Oh my God, this is the devil's music!"

It's been smooth jazz for me ever since
Quote by TOAOIsaac
Guitar Hero 3.

Not really that funny, but lots of times there will be metalheads chugging away on a quiet Spider, and I'll turn on an AC-30 and play some blues or open chords and it will be three times as loud...
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
The funniest thing I've ever seen are when parents who have no control over their young children let them run around the store while the owner has a very nervous look on his face.

i was at a music store recently, trying out a whole bunch of guitars. it was pretty cramped in the store, with a lot of guitars on display. there was a parent in there, and she had a bunch of kids with here, and they were running around strumming heavily on the guitars still on the stands, and i was cringing, like, oh crap, something's gonna break. then this other parent comes in with like three kids and there's this big stroller in the way and everyone's trying to get around it. fortunately, the amp was not blocked, so i still got to play.
Some kid with all the latest cool looks playing a blistering guitar solo when three old guys walked in, picked up an acoustic guitar, a banjo and a mandolin and started jamming complicated fingerpickin' bluegrass numbers. The kid looked disgusted but had no chance of competing with them so he just put the guitar down and left in a huff.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Some kid with all the latest cool looks playing a blistering guitar solo when three guys walked in, picked up an acoustic guitar, a banjo and a mandolin and started jamming complicated fingerpickin' bluegrass numbers. The kid looked disgusted but had no chance of competing with them so he just put the guitar down and left in a huff.

Quote by SlackerBabbath
Some kid with all the latest cool looks playing a blistering guitar solo when three old guys walked in, picked up an acoustic guitar, a banjo and a mandolin and started jamming complicated fingerpickin' bluegrass numbers. The kid looked disgusted but had no chance of competing with them so he just put the guitar down and left in a huff.

Lol. Once again bluegrass prevails.

I was playing guitar at GC and a kid came up to me and started screaming "Through the Fire and Flames! Through The Fire and Flames! Play It" I stop playing and say to him "You like Guitar Hero 3, right?" he goes "Yes, I love that game. I can beat it on Hard. How do you know?" i go "Caus if you played real guitar or listened to Dragonforce your obvious request wouldn't through the fire and flames" he yells "You just can't play Dragon Force cause you suck" I give him the guitar "I wanna see you AT LEAST play Smoke on the Water" Kid goes "Whats that?"

Whats wrong with the youth these days, Doesn't know Smoke on the Water? Isn't that on one of the Guitar Heroes?

He was like 11 or 12 too, not a little little kid.
Colors by Between the Buried and Me is the Best album ever
Last edited by homstar670 at Nov 17, 2007,
These threads always kind of bother me, simply because of the responses. People find it hilarious when other people suck, it seems. Everybody sucks at some point. Who cares? Leave them alone. Yeah, you're better. Great.

My only cool moments are just jamming with random people without even talking to them, you just feel it and go. Not really that funny though, just cool.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
There's already another thread just like this, and if that one was any indication, this is going to go down the road of people thinking they're awesome because they pwned n00bs. Which not only is annoying, but doesn't have anything to do with funny.

For me, I was in a Sam Ash with my bass player and other guitarist, and me and the guitar player head to the guitars, while the bass player goes to the bass section. Anyway, we can hear him from where we are, he's playing some nice slap bass on a Warwick. There's a big black dude playing some reggae-ish bass lines a few feet from him, he sounded great. After a few minutes, we hear the two of them talking, and they start to jam. Anyway, this time, this 60-ish year old guy walked up with a 5-string and plugged into the loudest head in the store, into an 8x10 cab. The two other dudes take a break. As soon as they start to play again, the old guy plays a low B and drowns out everything in the store. They stop, look at him like "WTF?" As soon as they start to play again, he plays the low B again, drowning out everything once again. The black dude is like "What's yo problem main, me and my new fren' heeyuh was jus' jaimmin' but we cain't heeyuh anything ovuh yo bass?" Halfway through that sentence, the old guy plays the low B again. By this time, an employee walks up and is like "Sir, please plug into something quieter, or leave. You're way too loud."

Turns out the guy was mentally challenged.
I was playing guitar at GC and a kid came up to me and started screaming "Through the Fire and Flames! Through The Fire and Flames! Play It" I stop playing and say to him "You like Guitar Hero 3, right?" he goes "Yes, I love that game. I can beat it on Hard. How do you know?" i go "Caus if you played real guitar or listened to Dragonforce your obvious request wouldn't through the fire and flames" he yells "You just can't play Dragon Force cause you suck" I give him the guitar "I wanna see you AT LEAST play Smoke on the Water" Kid goes "Whats that?"[/QUOTE]

oh my gosh. EVERY guitar player knows about SOTW.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Put it on youtube, or GTFO.

*sigh, it's a shame how many people don't watch south park.
Quote by bananaboy
There's already another thread just like this, and if that one was any indication, this is going to go down the road of people thinking they're awesome because they pwned n00bs. Which not only is annoying, but doesn't have anything to do with funny.

For me, I was in a Sam Ash with my bass player and other guitarist, and me and the guitar player head to the guitars, while the bass player goes to the bass section. Anyway, we can hear him from where we are, he's playing some nice slap bass on a Warwick. There's a big black dude playing some reggae-ish bass lines a few feet from him, he sounded great. After a few minutes, we hear the two of them talking, and they start to jam. Anyway, this time, this 60-ish year old guy walked up with a 5-string and plugged into the loudest head in the store, into an 8x10 cab. The two other dudes take a break. As soon as they start to play again, the old guy plays a low B and drowns out everything in the store. They stop, look at him like "WTF?" As soon as they start to play again, he plays the low B again, drowning out everything once again. The black dude is like "What's yo problem main, me and my new fren' heeyuh was jus' jaimmin' but we cain't heeyuh anything ovuh yo bass?" Halfway through that sentence, the old guy plays the low B again. By this time, an employee walks up and is like "Sir, please plug into something quieter, or leave. You're way too loud."

not the fact that he's mentally challenged, but the fact that he kept playing the low B
Quote by bananaboy

He should have played a low F#.

Quote by homstar670
I was playing guitar at GC and a kid came up to me and started screaming "Through the Fire and Flames! Through The Fire and Flames! Play It" I stop playing and say to him "You like Guitar Hero 3, right?" he goes "Yes, I love that game. I can beat it on Hard. How do you know?" i go "Caus if you played real guitar or listened to Dragonforce your obvious request wouldn't through the fire and flames" he yells "You just can't play Dragon Force cause you suck" I give him the guitar "I wanna see you AT LEAST play Smoke on the Water" Kid goes "Whats that?"[/QUOTE]

oh my gosh. EVERY guitar player knows about SOTW.

He didn't play guitar, he played Guitar Hero and thought he could play guitar. Because he was trying to play and was asking me how to stop the strings.
Colors by Between the Buried and Me is the Best album ever
I've also seen it the other way around, when some kid was sat there playing metallica tunes and some middle aged guy walked in and stated playing hendrix version of 'all along the watchtower, bady. So the kid showed him where he was going wrong and then showed him how to play it. Then how Dylan played it, then how U2 played it, ect, ect. in all these different guitarists styles. He hardly looked old enough to tie his own shoelaces but he totaly owned that guy.
Quote by ShizNick
*sigh, it's a shame how many people don't watch south park.

I was just joking. Also... I do watch south park and I did watch that episode.

Page 1 of 3