Page 1 of 4
I know it's only 07, and there's 2 more years to go, but anyways.

I think hip-hop, pop, and mainstream rock will be remembered at least in the mainstream. But I think indie rock, metal, underground rap, electronic will be greater influences.
I think that this has been all the fun of the 80's but nobody in the entire world will ever want to listen to this again, the only good thing that has happened was a few cool new bluegrass bands, and crap, even jazz has kinda sucked, i cant wait for somthing better, gosh...
the rap songs that get to #1 and then they're never heard of again, and all that death metal stuff, maybe some alternative stuff.
Indie rock is the music of the 00's so far (as far as Britain is concerned).

Shame I got sick of it by '03.
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
80's were extremely influential, people made music for music, nowadays people make music for money. Put out a album of fillers and hope 1 song makes it really big for them.

Oh..back in the day when music meant something besides "Beautiful girl, you got me suicidal"
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Quote by DefectedFromGod
Put out a album of fillers and hope 1 song makes it really big for them.

You're looking at the wrong albums
My favorite "Punk-guitarist-before-he-went-stupid" Billie Joe summed it up best: stagnant.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
i think pop-punk/emo and hip hop
Quote by MightyAl
The best way to approach a group of girls is wearing a dirty old trenchcoat with nothing underneath. Open it in slow motion, while making your 'orgasm face', and then run like hell.

]
Quote by GiantRaven

Oh comeon, we all know it's true.
And I'm talking about anything "popular", noone had ever heard of any songs by that Souldja Boy guy till Crank Dat came (excuse my spelling, I don't speak rap), music made for teenagers is beginning to take over, it'a all just for money nowadays.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
2004 was probably the strongest year for metal, Lamb of God, Damageplan, and Slipknot surfaced/resurfaced, as well as Trivium gaining popularity. But after Dime was killed, there was a major impact to the heavy metal industry. Thankfully Lamb of God and Arch Enemy have been contributing heavily throughout the decade, and inspiring a lot more metal bands to surface.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Rap, a billion more genres ("cores") of metal, emo, and revivals of old artists.

Something really good happened in 07 though. Starting on exactly January, all the good music came back and some good new artists came out. But it looks like it did a mini cycle, as it is dying out by this December.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I can guarantee you: the decade will not be remembered for the one hit wonder rappers who come up with a new dance. musical periods are remembered for the good music that stands the test of time.

I mean, early Ozzy- era Black Sabbath never gained much popularity in America but they were still one of the most influential bands of the 70's.
Rap from this decade had absolutely no importance period, except for the fact that Jay-Z pulled a Michael Jordan. VH and The Police reunited, but other than that, mainstream rock has been a bunch of disappointments. Other than Coheed's new album. Mastodon's prog-metal masterpiece Blood Mountain came out, which is probably the album of the decade for me metal-wise. Or maybe Winter's Wolfs (i think) by The Sword, altho they arent too well-known, and i havent heard it yet.

EDIT: Heaven and Hell also got back together, which is also pretty cool. Led Zeppelin also reunited, as well as Pink Floyd. Live 8 will be remembered. Live Earth was a bit of a flop, imo.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Nov 17, 2007,
well, i did just download dragonforce for teh lulz...they are still not that well known....but i think the 00's will be mostly known for sub par ''emo'' bands that are highly popular then they die
Quote by kidsilcon
I really don't think Metal has had a big affect on this decade.

dude, this is, like, the metal decade (next to rap/alt. music). look up any metal band's first album/biggest album and it'll be 2000 or later. not any, but most.
Quote by DefectedFromGod
Oh comeon, we all know it's true.
And I'm talking about anything "popular", noone had ever heard of any songs by that Souldja Boy guy till Crank Dat came (excuse my spelling, I don't speak rap), music made for teenagers is beginning to take over, it'a all just for money nowadays.
Nowadays? Music's been like that forever
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by GiantRaven
+1

there's tons of good music out there...people just seem to enjoy complaining about how there's nothing new and innovative coming out of music today more than taking the time to find that music
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
I'll have a hard time explaining to my future children why people listened to rap.

A very hard, and embarrassing conversation.
Quote by GiantRaven

That's not the question being asked though, is it (unfortunately). The question is, how will it be remembered. And it'll be remembered for the dross which gets popular.
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Well, Live 8... Opeth's new album, Coheed's, Between the Buried and Me's, and I'm sure there's more. There's good music, you've just got to look for it.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I can guarantee you: the decade will not be remembered for the one hit wonder rappers who come up with a new dance.

i totally agree. just like i said, they hit #1 on the charts, and in a week everyone forgets about them and moves on to the next #1 rapper. it's a sad fact of 00's music.
Quote by 5/4
I'll have a hard time explaining to my future children why people listened to rap.

A very hard, and embarrassing conversation.

It won't be remembered for much. I just hope that the albums that were amazing albums don't get categorized as being utter crap because of all the other crappy albums.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
By 2008 or '09, VH1 will be able to make a new One-Hit Wonders show, just from the '00s. Its a bit sickening.
If you wade through alot of crap, i'd say indie music was been blooming in the 00's
They make good music, while get barley any money in return.
While if some guy said "meet me at the club" repeatedly with a backtrack, money happens.

I call bull**** on that.
Quote by Metallica_Man55
i totally agree. just like i said, they hit #1 on the charts, and in a week everyone forgets about them and moves on to the next #1 rapper. it's a sad fact of 00's music.

that's not what I was saying. musical eras aren't remembered for stuff like that. The 00's be remembered for the legitimately talented bands, rappers, and singers, regardless of their success and popularity among UGers.
I'm sure "In Rainbows" will be worth a memory or two.
I would say mostly ****.........mostly

embarrassing really

this decade saw some of the stupidest fads since 80's culture
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Carswell98
I would say mostly ****.........mostly

embarrassing really

this decade saw some of the stupidest fads since 80's culture

can you name a few? i haven't really noticed any "fads", unless i just wasn't paying attention.
one word

Disgraceful.

hip hop, pop punk, emo punk, techno, im sick thinking about it...but nothing will beat the 60's, 70's or 90's in music ever so kinda pointless. Music will never again be has epic as those decades
Quote by FrozenSheep
If you wade through alot of crap, i'd say indie music was been blooming in the 00's
They make good music, while get barley any money in return.
While if some guy said "meet me at the club" repeatedly with a backtrack, money happens.

I call bull**** on that.

i agree. i had this project in one of my classes to bring in a song and tell the class about it. i happened to bring in the beatles, and there were some good songs brought in, and some were like those #1 on the charts, won't be remembered next week rap songs, and i was like, who listens to this?!
Such masterpieces such as:

"yooouuuuuuu"

"dance, dance"

"we'll carry on we'll CAARYYYY ONNNNNN"

"hey there Delilah"
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Quote by BennyStruggle
one word

Disgraceful.

hip hop, pop punk, emo punk, techno, im sick thinking about it...but nothing will beat the 60's, 70's or 90's in music ever so kinda pointless. Music will never again be has epic as those decades

don't forget the 80's!
Outkast and Kanye West define rap, or at least good rap this decade. All them one hit wonders will fade away, but these 2 will always stay huge and be influential I'm sure. Other artists like Gorillaz and Gnarls Barkley have made very interesting hip-hop fusions that garnered mass appeal and critical fame. But all the gangsta rap and glam rap will be seen as what disco was to the 70s. I like disco BTW.

Electronica may not be popular this decade, but many people are hearing and liking it. Fusions of electronic and rock are becoming more and more widespread. Look at Radiohead this decade. Muse has stated their next album will be more electronic in nature. Then you got bands like Battles that take electronic and rock and others and take it to another level. Electronica music is being played on college stations and people have access to tons of it thanks to the internet. I can see electronica becoming really popular and progressing next decade.

Rock music kinda lost favor at the begin of the decade, but now has regained it's status I think. Partly thanks to the whole garage rock and post-punk revivals of bands like White Stripes, Strokes, Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys. And partly to Guitar Hero and the overall more popularity of playing the guitar. Nu-metal, emo, pop-punk, post-grunge have all stayed popular as well.

Metal music from this decade isn't a household name, but teens everywhere love it. I can't tell you the times I've been surprised when I found out someone I knew listened to extreme metal or any other metal from this time period. Then I look everywhere on the internet and see metal forums getting more posts than rap or rock.

Indie music as in lesser popular artists such as Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse, Sufjan Stevens, Animal Collective, Of Montreal, and so many others I could name or surely gonna be remembered and be influential. And it also seems that the word "indie" this decade has became it's own genre or at least a whole encompassing term for self conscious, mellow, folksy or electronic fused rock.
Page 1 of 4