Page 1 of 2
You can give me all of your gear.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Learn new techniques, get some more effects pedal to work with, buy new gears, learn a really hard song...
if animation and video games are what you love, then pursue that.
guitar isn't the be all and end all for everyone.
do whatever makes you happier!
In all seriousness, start learning a new genre. Playing the same stuff over and over tends to get boring.

On a side note, are you from NG?
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
i actually went through that stage. i almost quit guitar. but i got back into it. find something that gets you really motivated. I'm so glad i didn't quit.
Learn a really hard song you wanted to learn but thought you couldn't. It should be a challenge.
i mean, do u want to continue guitar?? if so, do some of the stuff above. buy some gear taht is not necesarily expensive but that will help you become interested again. if your own ur comp a lot, maybe get some gear that you can use to hook it up to ur comp and that way you can use it with your other computer hobbies.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
get a boss GT-8, theres no way u can get bored with the millions (no exaggeration) of sounds you can get from a simple combo amp on clean with it.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Maybe guitar isn't for you. There are millions of people who started, and not all of them stayed with it. It's good that you gave it a try, give everything a try.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by druz15_UG
get a boss GT-8, theres no way u can get bored with the millions (no exaggeration) of sounds you can get from a simple combo amp on clean with it.

Is Boss paying you to say that in every thread??

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
its probably just a phase man,, in the end you will see which of your fav activities have more meaning to you.try playing anime theme songs,, fun as hell....game theme songs as well...if ya aint got it in ya anymore you will know for sure, and if u do then good for u
Quote by MurderWorship
In all seriousness, start learning a new genre. Playing the same stuff over and over tends to get boring.

On a side note, are you from NG?

Yeah, i'm frozensheep.

I have experimented with so many genres. Funk, blues, metal, jazz, rock..etc
but i've boiled down to funk now.

I've tried buying new eqipment but its just hard to spend 300 bucks on a decent amp.
And my current setup is crappy (nice guitar, crappy amp)

I'm just really limited right now...
Hey personal experience, not with guitars though, i used to love video games and suddenly lost interest in them just like you do with a girl you get bored with. its hard to even kiss her when your eyes are fixed on some other chick.... I dont think you will gain back your love for guitars....
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1 (moDE)

Ibanez Electro-Acustic

Zoom G2.1u

Roland Cube 60
Vox AD50VT 2x12

And A Great Passion!

Best Spanish Rock Band IS and WILL always be "Heroes Del Silencio"!!!!!
20 years ago, I got bored and sold my guitar (an old MIJ Strat that would be worth way more than I paid for it today). It was 17 years before I picked a new guitar up again. Don't make the same mistake I did. For 17 years, I regretted it, but I had quit a 6-figure salary job, started moving from place to place, working minimum wage jobs, exhausting my savings, and couldn't afford new gear. I ended up back at my old job, with seniority and pensionable years back (shows I didn't incinerate all my bridges), and new gear followed.

Try listening to new types of music, such as Latin jazz. Hard to play, so a real challenge. I suck bad at it, but the fun factor is there. It's still tempting to sit in front of the tube in the evening with a bottle of wine, but I turn it off and go downstairs and turn my amp on. When the wine is finished and it's time to go to sleep, I feel much better. Get yourself out of the rut, and pick the guitar back up. 20yrs from now, you'll see what I mean.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Do other things 'sides guitar. Then you'll see your real love for it and go back to it.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
I dont think his problem lies with doing anything else, I think his problem is just inspiration, you need something to inspire you, like Malmsteen when he saw Jimmi play live at Woodstock on TV, or when Alexi Laiho saw Steve Vai's music video for FTLOG. Go out and instead of picking up the guitar, put it down, put the videogames and animation stuff aside, go outside, and look at things, you might find a source of inspiration that lies dormant within you, you just need to find it.
Listen to a lot of music. That always seem to make me want to play the guitar. And also, play with other people. Nothing works better.
It may be an expensive way out, but when Im feeling kind of uninspired, I go try to find a cool new accessory, like a slide, capo, or even a pedal, and mess around with it. Also, when I get a big new piece of gear, such as a new guitar or amp, I seem to play a lot more, and it kind of makes me want to keep playing more and more. Ive never had a time where Ive let the guitar sit for more than a few days unattended, but when you get something new, it always seems to rekindle my playing interest.
Quote by FrozenSheep
Yeah, i'm frozensheep.And my current setup is crappy (nice guitar, crappy amp)

Exactly what I was going to say, Frontmans suck, not as bad as some other SS amps, but they still suck. Try getting a cheap tube amp, the difference is almost orgasmic.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
another thing you can do is jam with your friends, go to a rockin gig, watchin a really good live band can really inspire you.. Sometimes watching people is so inspirational so i reccomend you going to a gig/concert... Machine Head is a great live band if not one of the best, dont know if they're coming to wherever you live though
Quote by UrMomsMom
another thing you can do is jam with your friends, go to a rockin gig, watchin a really good live band can really inspire you.. Sometimes watching people is so inspirational so i reccomend you going to a gig/concert... Machine Head is a great live band if not one of the best, dont know if they're coming to wherever you live though

Live concerts of the bands you love does inspire... It did inspire me specially after knowing that my favorite band will be no more.... Kinda want to follow their legacy but in my own way....
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1 (moDE)

Ibanez Electro-Acustic

Zoom G2.1u

Roland Cube 60
Vox AD50VT 2x12

And A Great Passion!

Best Spanish Rock Band IS and WILL always be "Heroes Del Silencio"!!!!!
Well at least you aren't losing interest in guitar.

On a more serious note...play different genres.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by FrozenSheep
/sad faic

I've been moving towards learning more animation and video games, slowly letting my gutar colect dust. I gues i just don't find it fun to play anymore.

Anyone have any suggestions on how i can fix this?

trust me it helped me, just turn off internt and hide pc or smth.

until you play realy well pc will be alot more interesting.

+ get a good guide/teacher to follow, maybe u are lost and think that everything is way to hard(it is) and want to quit.

welll take care, -1 guitarist is a + for me
smile
Quote by kobain666
Hey personal experience, not with guitars though, i used to love video games and suddenly lost interest in them just like you do with a girl you get bored with. its hard to even kiss her when your eyes are fixed on some other chick.... I dont think you will gain back your love for guitars....

I was the same way. When I was younger id play computer games all the time, counterstrike and all that **** with my friends. Randomly, I just lost interest. I picked up guitar and have never been happier. And what you said about girls REALLY describes how I act with girlfriends, I really just cant find one that can keep me interested.

As far as your problem:

buy a new amp, yours sucks balls!!! get an effects pedal, theyre so much fun.

Go to some live concerts, like others have said, really inspirational, and of course if nothing else, super fun to go with some buddies.

do you really love music? if not, then ure screwed. if youre obesessed like me...then go listen to some of your favorite songs, rock out, and play along.

do you have any jamming buddies? if not, find some. you thought guitar was fun when you were playing some of your favorite songs? its like 50x more fun to play them with your close friends, and laugh about it over a couple of beers.

if all else fails, quit, who knows maybe you werent meant for it.
I was losing interest until i decided to just have fun with it and just mess about with power chords. i was actually surprised about the results of my lazy guitar playing experimentations.

I got fed up of writing songs that i couldn't play myself. i was getting out of my depth in complex melodies, strange chords etc. so decided to dumb things down.

its probably because i've just formed a punk band though - because the girl who wants to play bass has to learn first. i have to dumb down the basslines so they are beginner friendly, but they will get more complex. i think its a good way to teach hehe.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Watch someone on youtube who can inspire you back to playing guitar. Or maybe a regular guitarist like Paul Gilbert who can show you what years of practice can accomplish.
For instance when I watched, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ0iww5u6_I&feature=related I picked up my guitar and started playing instantly. Nothing like a little motivation.
Here's an idea for you:

You like video games, and you like music, right? Learn some of the music from your favourite video games, and see what moods the different pieces try to evoke.

Then, watch a friend playing video games and ask him/her to put the game's volume on mute, and try to create a soundtrack to it. It's EXTREMELY good fun, and video game music is a great career if you can get into it.
Quote by Aidy Damage
Here's an idea for you:

You like video games, and you like music, right? Learn some of the music from your favourite video games, and see what moods the different pieces try to evoke.

Then, watch a friend playing video games and ask him/her to put the game's volume on mute, and try to create a soundtrack to it. It's EXTREMELY good fun, and video game music is a great career if you can get into it.

+1, but whatever you do. DO NOT start playing guitar hero. you'll start thinking real guitars are for old people.
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by Metallica rulz
That only happens in South Park. No one actually thinks like that, and if they do they are complete morons.

you thought i was being serious? lol.
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by FrozenSheep
Yeah, i'm frozensheep.

I have experimented with so many genres. Funk, blues, metal, jazz, rock..etc
but i've boiled down to funk now.

I've tried buying new eqipment but its just hard to spend 300 bucks on a decent amp.
And my current setup is crappy (nice guitar, crappy amp)

I'm just really limited right now...
Get an active band together. You'll have practices, shows occasionally, and it will force you to play and be confident, and enjoy playing. You'll have to get a more powerful amp and a nice valve combo will help you to enjoy your music.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Why don't you buy something like a Pod, hook it up to your PC, download Audacity or something, and record things to be the music in your animations? That way you will have to learn genres to go with your images and still be working on the PC!
Many years ago playing guitar and being in a band was my life. I, like you lost interest and decided get out of it tro persue a career where I actually made lots of money. I sold off my whole collection of guitars and amps with the exception of a couple cheap guitars and my old tube amp just so I could have something to pick up here and there. I even lost interest in that but kept the stuff. When my kid got interested in music and guitar I got some of my interest back and started picking my guitar up more often now that I am retired and have more time and money I am back into it and back up to owning a bunch of guitars and gear they are not all old vintage Gibsons like my old collection (a small fortune in todays market) but I am happy with them. I don't play as well as I used to but I am working on it. 15 years of not picking up a guitar everyday and practicing 2 +hrs was a bad idea. You need to find some friends or something that will help you keep interest. If you hang around with people that play you might keep that interest a while longer it didn't work for me I just didn't have the time but it might work for other people. Even if you put your guitar and amp away for a bit it might be your best bet I was glad I kept a little of my stuff. Don't give up what you like doing now just set aside soem time for your music even if it's just 30 minutes or so a day.

Almost forgot: Try combining your new interest with your old interest some how.

John
Page 1 of 2