How much would I expect to pay to get a guitar painted?
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Er....how long is a piece of string? You'll have to email a few custom workshops to get a quote, it totally depends on the nature of the painting.

Airbrushing can be pretty expensive anyway, but that's on top of standard stripping/refinshing costs! What exactly do you want to do, and with what guitar?
My Ibanez Xiphos. I hate the red chameleon, it looked much better in the pics. I just wanted like solid black with some pink highlights. Either that, or create my own custom chameleon color. And it's a neck-through, having the neck painted as well. Can this create problems?
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Yeah, the chameleon finshes are a bit odd, though they look good under stage lighting.
Set neck isn't really a problem, but will certainly increase the cost. As a wild ballpark estimate I'd expect to pay around $350+ for it, since the work will involve stripping the neck and body, refinishing it and adding whatever other touches you want to add - like the pink highlights.

Definitely email round for a few quotes!
Do you have any friends with any painting gear?

If you strip the paint and prep the guitar I'm sure someone would let you use their stuff for cheap or nothing as long as you supply the paints.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Depends alot on what kind of paint you will use. Urethane car paints arent cheap its 110$ a gallon. Anything used for a car will require a paint gun and a clean warm place to do it. Outside wont work to well and in the house is out of the question the stuff gets everywhere. You can use spray can stuff but wont gets as good a result. And wont get that mirror gloss without polishing. If you take all the hardware off the guitar and strip it a body shop might do it for you.
My local car bodyshop will refinish a guitar and neck for £80/$160, so its pretty good pricing.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!