Hey guys, I'm looking to just trim up a little fat, Im not concerned about the weight, I just want to get a little more cut, maybe like 5-10 pounds. So my question is, for fat burning, would I be better off jogging for 30 minutes at a steady pace or doing sprints for like 10-15 minutes? Thanks in advance.
Aerobic exercise is the best for burning fat. You want to do long runs, maybe 3 or 4 miles to start out with and increase the distance from there.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Aerobic exercises? Like yoga? I hate those, I look like such a damn fool.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
well 15-20 minutes of sprints is harder. but run. dont jog. run. not sprint. keep it at a pace where you can still keep conversation without too much trouble but fast enough that you are breathing a bit hard. ive been running for about 2 years straight. thats how i do it.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
fartlek training would be the best. do a warm up jog for about 10 mins, then sprint 100 metres, jog 100, sprint 100 etc. until youre so tired you can barely stand, which wont take long. lol.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
Quote by darkstar2466
Aerobic exercise is the best for burning fat. You want to do long runs, maybe 3 or 4 miles to start out with and increase the distance from there.

Agreed. Sprinting will help you build bitchin' thighs, but in terms of weight loss, you can't beat aerobics. Run, find a pace you're comfortable with and keep it up as long as you can.
what i do and im the fastest kid in the surrounding 2 grades (9 8 and 7) start off with a jog maybe 2 laps at a track or about 4 blocks then for the last block/ straight give it everything you have.
Quote by Muphin
Aerobic exercises? Like yoga? I hate those, I look like such a damn fool.

Aerobic exercise refers to exercise that uses oxygen. You are not really processing much oxygen when you do sprints.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Sprint 50 metres, jog 20 metres (at whatever pace you wish, just make sure you're jogging to keep your heart rate up) then sprint another 50 metres, and jog 20 metres.. and keep following that routine consecutively.
play guitar for an hour rocking out quite alot, singing and screaming along.

i do it a bit. i should do it more actually..
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Quote by EmilyTStrange
Sprint 50 metres, jog 20 metres (at whatever pace you wish, just make sure you're jogging to keep your heart rate up) then sprint another 50 metres, and jog 20 metres.. and keep following that routine consecutively.

The technique you are referring to is called "Fartlek Training" and it's most effective if you sprint for about 30 seconds or 200 meters and you jog for 90 seconds, or 400 meters. This is for more advanced training though, and for beginners, I would recommend just doing 3-4 mile jogs to begin with. That's more than plenty.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
for burning fat you want to jog/run. not slow, but most certainly not sprinting. go a fewmiles, up to 5 or 6 usually.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group
well, depends on your level of determination.

Sprinting's a lot better for you then long distance running but it takes a whole lot more effort.

It not only burns a lot of energy but increases your muscle mass which will help keep you look more attractive to girls and burn even more calories even when you're not running.

and typically it's best to do sprinting in a sport like soccer then just plain sprints. Plain sprints get monotonous and tiring after a while.

Long distance running take's less thought to do. All you have to do is move your legs and just kinda zone out and think of something random and before you know it, you've ended up at your destination.

You do burn more calories with this one, but you don't really gain any muscle.

so really, the choice is yours
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.