Hey Urvrybody,
So I did a little reading and watched some videos on Paramore, and I've come to a conclusion more or less on the band, and was curious what everyone else though. First off, I'd like to note how youuung they are. Hayley, the lead singer, is only 18, and I believe Farro, the main guitarist, is 17. To hit mainstream rock, even if it is very pop-rock, and be getting lots of radio play at that age is pretty impressive. But anyways, I checked out their first couple albums, and my opinion is thus: They've got a lot of hooks and in general are some pretty solid songs, but I think the band needs some time to mature. Hayley has a great voice to start off, but it has a little bit of a teeny-bopper quality to it, similar to Fefe Dobson, or other pop-rock solo girl acts like that. The instrumentation actually is fairly solid, though it could use a little more originality. For the most part, I think the band as whole, with some emphasis on Hayley, will sound pretty great once they mature and get some touring under their belts. That said, for a band of their age and time in the music industry, they make some good music.
So, do I think they'll last as a band and we'll continue to hear from them? In the short term, definitely. They're exploding onto the mainstream right now. Hayley's got everything a front(wo)man needs: character, passion, strength on stage, presence, and is clearly beautiful. The guitars, bass, and drums in the band seem pretty strong too. The band didn't get too much outside help with writing their songs at all, so it's not like they've simply been guided. However, in the long term, I'm not so sure. If they do things right, and simply don't come in on the pop explosion as fast as they move out, I think they'll do well. They just need the time to adjust and mature. Hopefully they'll spend a good year touring hard before they hit the studio again, and hopefully they put out another good honest album, and don't cave to pop demands.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think. If you simply don't like the band, and don't want them to succeed whatsoever, do me a favour and just say something like that, instead of a flaming rant. I'm looking for some rational discussion.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
There's a Paramore thread in Pop punk and Emo

They aren't very good. Pressure was ok, everything else kind of sucks.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I did a search, nothing was coming up. I always thought they were pop rock, so I didn't think to look in there. My bads.

Yeah, I think they're good for their age. Compared to rock on the whole, just alright though.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

not that i dont like it or like it more so if it was on the radio i wouldnt turn it off but it wouldnt be in my mp3 if you get that at all
and theyre doing great at that age
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Hayley is ****ing hot.

That's all.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by RatmN'Roses
not that i dont like it or like it more so if it was on the radio i wouldnt turn it off but it wouldnt be in my mp3 if you get that at all
and theyre doing great at that age
Yeah, I'm pretty much at the same point. I gotcha.
Hayley is ****ing hot.
Lawl. She's pretty beautiful. Her personality definitely sets it off.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

Hey man, I did use the search bar and didn't see much. The "/the1+Its_Rock77" in the title threw me off, as I have no idea what that means. I don't think I deserve a reporting for that...
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B