Hey just wondering if anyone could tell me some of the neccssary adjustments i'd have to take to tune down to drop A. At the moment i just play a epi sg with 10-46 strings and no other real adjustments have been made, but i really wanna tune that low when i'm in the mood to just **** around and beast it up. Any help would be great.
start by turning the tuners down. lol. does your guitar have a tremolo?
if you are going to be playing in that tuning regularly, you should consider getting a baritone guitar.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
You'll definitely need thicker strings to do that, lol. I have 10's too and there's no way that could be the tuning on my guitar, it'd be like spaghetti. You'll probably need to adjust something or other with the truss rod and the springs depending on your bridge. I know about nothing about that, so maybe take it to a store. Keep in mind if you get a heavier set of strings it'll be a lot tougher to play in standard tuning or anywhere close to standard tuning. Personally, I think Drop A is pretty excessive, lol, I love Nile and all, but it seems kinda pointless. You can get a pretty heavy sound just by tuning the guitar down a whole step or more, especially in comparison to standard. Seems like more trouble than it's worth to play in drop A.

Maybe get a 7 string?
lol Yeah Drop A is pretty intense..but it's what i want.
And i'll be buying more guitars as i go on so i don't mind having one stuck with tank strings and that low tuning. I'ts purely for a mess around and when nothing else satisfys your metal urge.

I think we all have a metal urge deep within us, we just have to find it, unless you listen to the Cure.
i play in A i dont have a tremelo and i also use 10's ooh the irony, they work just fine, it depends on how losse you leave you strings when you tune to standard after u put a new set on if u mkae your strings tighter then it would definatly be easier to drop it down with out your stirngs feelin like dog balls
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
Quote by GuitarGuitar
get a bass

eh... that doesn't make any sense
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
I'd suggest getting some 12s or 13s for that tuning on that guitar. Yeah, a baritone guitar would definitely suit that tuning, and you could use 10s with a baritone.
Does anyone know the song that goes: ba ba bah, ba ba buh, bu ba bum, ba ba bah, ba bu buh, bu bu bum, bu ba bu bu bum baam?
Check out this band called Torche. They use Drop A sometimes. They rule.
Jackson DXMGT
Squier Telecustom II
Laney AOR 30 Head
Marshall 4x12 Cab
Custom made 2X12 Cab
hehe, i did that once. it was pretty cool. i did it with 10s too. it would be a lot easier and more effective with 12s or 13s though...
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.