hey dudes, i was wondering is there and alternate method of fixing my input jack as the wires have come off the jack itself, as i dont have a soldering iron or whatever its called lol

is there anything else tht will work? and also id rarther not take it to my local shop as they are complete wankers and i would rartheer not give them the business! anywho and help is greatly apreciated, cheers!
just go buy a 25watt soldering iron. wont cost over $20
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I bought a soldering iron at Homer Depot for $12. it works fine.

you can also avoid these problems by not keeping the cord in your guitar and laying it about. I'm not saying you're doing this, but I had a friend that did this and had a few problems with the soldering coming undone.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
hav u ever soldered anything before? if not, practice alittle bit on a scrap piece of metal. and also buy a small tube of rosin core solder.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
just go buy a 25watt soldering iron. wont cost over $20

oh i also just noticed that u owned a epiphone sg310, is it any good lol even though this is completely unrelated could u tell u shwta u think of it? pm me thanks man for the help to!
Quote by macaroni
hav u ever soldered anything before? if not, practice alittle bit on a scrap piece of metal. and also buy a small tube of rosin core solder.

nah i have never done any soldering in my life, however my mate(attempts building his own gear) is always soldering stuf and it doesnt look too hard

but thanks for ur help!
Quote by screamodream
oh i also just noticed that u owned a epiphone sg310, is it any good lol even though this is completely unrelated could u tell u shwta u think of it? pm me thanks man for the help to!

the g310 is pretty good for its price but the neck is a little thick. the stock pickups aint that bad, and i wouldnt bother putting new pickups in it, its a waste of time.
i'm gona take the emg's out of mine and shove it in my new build.

just use it for practice or maybe a backup guitar at gigs.

if u want, u could try the g400 which is almost double the price of the g310 but most people say its worth it, i never tried one but u could go try them both out and see if the g400 is worth the extra money.

good luck with the soldering
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by screamodream
nah i have never done any soldering in my life, however my mate(attempts building his own gear) is always soldering stuf and it doesnt look too hard

but thanks for ur help!

ye its piss easy. ask him to teach u or do it for u.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
thanks dude for the help and the info on the g310, i was going to buy one but then was persauded b7y people to try g400 so yeh whatever i like better will be my choice cheers for the help dude