Quote by Galapogos
As the title says can you explain to me the difference?

If you're talking about an early 80's JCM800 2204 then nothing.
Quote by -heartbreaker-
well, the JMP is an earlier Marshall, like 60's era.

Actually the JMPs from the 60's were the Plexis. The 2204 JMP was introduced in the 70's and were among the Metalface ones and has master volume.

Quote by Gutch220
If you're talking about an early 80's JCM800 2204 then nothing.

At least no major differences. Some people say there are some slight differences in sound, but apperently barely audible.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The JMP's are just sexier, with their toggle switches and wooden (not a grille cloth kinda thing) front cover.

Edit: Oh wait, the mk2's had the (ugly) plastic switches, right?
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Nov 18, 2007,
^^but then you could make that argument with two of the exact same model amps built in the same year with the same components by saying that there is inaudible component drift or built by a different technician who uses different soldering techniques. The level you can take it is staggering.
^I agree.

Basically, there is no big difference between the early JCM800s and the JMPs.

Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
The JMP's are just sexier, with their toggle switches and wooden (not a grille cloth kinda thing) front cover.

Edit: Oh wait, the mk2's had the (ugly) plastic switches, right?

Opposite. The 2203s and 2204s had the plastic switches...
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Are the MKII's just reissued plexi's? Cause my local music store carries those and JTM45's
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
MKII's are not only reissues.

The MKI's were the JTM45's, the early "Plexis". The MKII's were the Super Leads, the so called JMP.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

ok, so a JTM45 (MKI) is the original plexi, and the MKII is the JMP (later plexi's)
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by Johnonon
ok, so a JTM45 (MKI) is the original plexi, and the MKII is the JMP (later plexi's)

Well not exactly. The JTM-45 was the earliest Plexis. They featured KT-66 tubes, tube rectifiers and were basically copies of Fender Bassmans. The MKII were the Super Leads. The earliest ones featured KT-66s and then they got changed to EL34s. They had solid state rectifiers instead and were "developed" from the JTM-45. The Super Leads are the ones that Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page used.

Quote by Galapogos
So is the only difference cosmetic?

More or less
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

ok awesome. I've always been confused whenever i saw those amps at my local shop, thanks a bunch
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Eddie Van Halen used the Super Lead loaded with a variac am I correct?
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild