Page 1 of 2
I need help looking for a flying v bass thats not a s%!$y dean. i want one with the pickguard like on the gibson electric guitars.
Quote by RPGoof
Heavy metal indicates you are using meth, LSD, ecstasy or cocaine.
because i f'in want it to be. Why else.
Quote by RPGoof
A pickguard like on gibson electric guitars.... thats a little vague, care to specify a model?
Quote by Foible776
because i f'in want it to be. Why else.

going to be a jerk and expect a nice answer?

bad idea

google it, quit being so lazy
I did google it thank you. And what do you mean by they dont sit well?
Quote by RPGoof
I honnestly like they way they feel and i cant find it anywhere. i've seen them and ive played one.
Quote by RPGoof
i love the look of flying v's as well i might build one, one day
Bands I've seen:
Jet
Metallica
Lamb of God
Baroness
A Day To Remember
Underoath
Northlane
In The Walls
Saints Alight
Live As A Monster
Bleach The Skies
Red Ribbon Army
The Amity Affliction
Madisonfoxx
Buried In Verona
Quote by Foible776
I did google it thank you.

http://www.flying-v.ch/81vbass/fb81bass.html

Gibson introduced a very limited run of 375 Flying V Bass guitars therefore they are rare on the market.

Second result on Google.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_Flying_V#V_Bass

Quote by Wikipedia
In 1981, Gibson produced a four-string bass version of the Flying V. Only 375 were produced, most of them black but a few in alpine white, silverburst, or transparent blue. Dean Guitars and Epiphone also make V basses.

There are at least four instances of famous bassists using a V bass, including Tyson Ritter of The All-American Rejects, Timi Hansen from Mercyful Fate and Marcel Schirmer from Destruction.

Third result on Google.

Next time you want help with something, don't be such a fucking prick about it.

EDIT: Here 's an eBay link for the Epiphone version. $450.00.
Last edited by HorridxHopes at Nov 18, 2007,
Quote by HorridxHopes
http://www.flying-v.ch/81vbass/fb81bass.html

Second result on Google.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_Flying_V#V_Bass

Third result on Google.

Next time you want help with something, don't be such a fucking prick about it.

EDIT: Here 's an eBay link for the Epiphone version. $450.00.

for you sir
and to the thread starter, try using your manners, things might go alot better
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
The Dean Flying V basses are actually pretty good, and they're not a total ripoff or a piece of **** like Gibson and Epiphone basses.

If you want a pickguard so bad so you can look like you're playing a guitar, then just paint one on or something.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I hate Flying V's, they really don't sit well.

There ohkay to use if you play standing up often b thyre really bad to try and sit down and just jam with people, the shape makes it really difficult
i cant stand sitting down and playing. i dont usually sit.

Sorry i was being so dickish about it. i was tired.

thanks for finding the epiphone. thats all i was looking for.
Quote by RPGoof
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Don't sit well on my body, they feel awkward.

I have to agree for both the bass and the guitar version. The weight distribution is really odd and awkward, and even standing up I found them uncomfortable to play.

A word to the TS on the Epi model. Be prepared to upgrade the electronics--the factory one's are pure **** in my opinion. You may luck out with the pups, but Epi is infamous for using really poor pots and wiring.
So many 13 year old girls in that concert. Shows what that kind of music attracts. But why would you want a V Bass. They look kind of dumb and they are mad uncomfortable.
Quote by amitbob21
ok im a noob at slapping. Is it my strings or do i just suck at slapping? I have a squier fender J bass(im a noob). Im thinking of getting Ibanez GSR200

Quote by CheekanWofls
Practice on your wife
Looks shouldn't be the main factor in choosing a bass. Get one that sounds how you want, then if it looks good as well, you scored lucky.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I'm a fan of the V look but, most of the time when basses try to copy guitars it's bad. Like the SG and LP basses, not that pleasing to the eye and ear.

My thought is if you're playing bass go with a bass style/shape.
Quote by -February-Star-
Real bassists know about different techniques and are aware of the merits and applications of each.

Because we're the least ignorant, most hardworking and most talented musicians in the world. We also surpass all others in general awesomeness.
Last edited by The Rival at Nov 18, 2007,
Hey the LP bass is amazing the only downside is the price.

Seriously what's a bass style/shape?

Like a guitar but just a tiny bit bigger?
Last edited by Puma89 at Nov 19, 2007,
Quote by Puma89
Hey the LP bass is amazing the only downside is the price.

Seriously what's a bass style/shape?

Like a guitar but just a tiny bit bigger?

The Jazz bass shape is pretty unique for basses, as are Schecter Stilettos and Warwicks.
Quote by Charlatan_001
The Jazz bass shape is pretty unique for basses, as are Schecter Stilettos and Warwicks.

Okey nobody buy another bass. Cos it isnt a bass!
BS
Quote by Puma89
BS

Are you going to attempt making sense there or are you going to leave it as-is?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Are you going to attempt making sense there or are you going to leave it as-is?

I dont know, what do you think.

Naa, I just think it is BS to say "go with a more bass shape" it doesnt make any sense, to me atleast. Go with a V or hell a BC rich.

And BTW i dont think V's sit that bad. You just hold them like you hold a classical guitar.
Quote by Puma89
BS

Right..........
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Quote by Puma89
I dont know, what do you think.

Naa, I just think it is BS to say "go with a more bass shape" it doesnt make any sense, to me atleast. Go with a V or hell a BC rich.

And BTW i dont think V's sit that bad. You just hold them like you hold a classical guitar.

Well, I think there's a miscommunication here. You asked "what's a bass shape? Like a guitar but bigger?" and "no, there are unique bass shapes, like Jazzes and Warwicks, etc". Then your response didn't make any sense to me.

However, what do I think? I think you should play whatever feels and sounds right - but let's talk about the feel for now. Many "bass shapes" (especially Warwicks) are shaped a certain way to make playing the bass easier and better-feeling. Sure, you can be drawn to looks, but if something looks nice but feels like hell, you're missing the point. I think Gibson basses are the perfect example of how you simply cannot take a guitar design and make it into a bass - the way they balance is a perfect example, especially considering the guitars seem to balance well.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Hmm the SG suck for balance already for guitar.
What im trying to say is that just cos they made a V guitar it doesnt mean he shouldnt buy a V bass.
Most people here hasnt tried a V bass so they cant really comment but sure they do!
i like vs on guitars i sit with em kinda funny so it feels right and sits well but basses i just dont get why u would make a v
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by DeAd-RiP
i like vs on guitars i sit with em kinda funny so it feels right and sits well but basses i just dont get why u would make a v

They just did it cos it's "cool" pretty much I guess
Quote by thefitz
Well, I think there's a miscommunication here. You asked "what's a bass shape? Like a guitar but bigger?" and "no, there are unique bass shapes, like Jazzes and Warwicks, etc". Then your response didn't make any sense to me.

However, what do I think? I think you should play whatever feels and sounds right - but let's talk about the feel for now. Many "bass shapes" (especially Warwicks) are shaped a certain way to make playing the bass easier and better-feeling. Sure, you can be drawn to looks, but if something looks nice but feels like hell, you're missing the point. I think Gibson basses are the perfect example of how you simply cannot take a guitar design and make it into a bass - the way they balance is a perfect example, especially considering the guitars seem to balance well.

Sorry for the confusion on my comment, what I meant was pretty much what thefitz ^and Charlaton said.

Just didn't get my thoughts down quite right.

Personally I've played a V bass before and it was pretty sad. Neck dive, not a great tone, very bulky. Over all just uncomfortable.
Quote by -February-Star-
Real bassists know about different techniques and are aware of the merits and applications of each.

Because we're the least ignorant, most hardworking and most talented musicians in the world. We also surpass all others in general awesomeness.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I honestly have to say any "guitar body" basses I've played are just...ugh. Balance is horrible, tone is pure sh*t...

I hope to God they don't make a Tele bass... and if they have, I'll lead the witchhunt,

Let the hunting begin! Fender used to produce them a long time ago, they looked almost identical to an old P bass though (thr 50's versions).
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I honestly have to say any "guitar body" basses I've played are just...ugh. Balance is horrible, tone is pure sh*t...

I hope to God they don't make a Tele bass... and if they have, I'll lead the witchhunt,

Actually, there is a Tele Bass. Squier has one out now, as a part of their Vintage Modified series.

Check it
Page 1 of 2