korg is good

my question cuz i dont know where to put it is

how do i use a guitar to do synth

EX: play and it comes out as keyboard or synth pad or ect.
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

i think i know the answer to your question...
i think these would work man...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-VG99-VGuitar-Multi-Effects-Processor-System-wGK3-Pickup?sku=150243
thats how.it is sooo awesome man,or you can just get this
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-GK3-Guitar-Pickup?sku=700379

i think you can use this....not sure though
http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?a_prod_no=KP2
Last edited by TheIronTrooper at Nov 17, 2007,
I like R3s. But then, I like almost EVERY synth. But the R3 is a recent product entry to the Korg line-up, and it's a step-above the miniturized keys of its smaller brother, the microKorg. But it's always a good idea to at least sample the goods from each of the big three in the synth world: Roland, Yamaha, Korg. Certainly, there are other brands out there too, but they tend to be much more expensive (Access, Nord, Moog, etc.).

• Yamaha MM6 $599 (claims to have inherited some of the highly acclaimed Yamaha Motif's sonic capabilities)
• Roland Juno-D $495 (not sure what sound engine this has—if it inherits anything from the Fantom-X series, that's a good thing.)
• Korg X50 $699 (don't know much about this one either, but it claims to have inherited some of the sonic technology from Korg's acclaimed Triton series).
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

hmm ill look into those thanks!we want a synth to create pink floyd ish kinda stuff.any other suggestions?
Quote by TheIronTrooper
hmm ill look into those thanks!we want a synth to create pink floyd ish kinda stuff.any other suggestions?
Not really in that price range. The Korg Radias is pretty fun, but runs about $1,200 new, and about $900 used. Probably my most favorite VA (virtual analog) synth is the Access VirusTI. But that's $2,800. Either the Juno-D or the Korg X50 are possibly your best bangs for the buck, with the widest variety of sounds. But those are really ROMplers, I think, and I'm not too sure how many VA synth sounds they have, or if they even have VA synth engines in them (I think the Juno does).

You should know that there are basically two kinds of synths: ROMplers, which store multi-samples of (mostly) acoustic instruments, and VA synths, which emulate analog synthesizers (Moog, Oberheim, etc.). You're probably looking more for a VA synth, so the R3 is probably a good choice in that price range. Once you get to over about $1,000, however, your options widen considerably.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Last edited by LEVEL4 at Nov 18, 2007,
thank you sooo much for the input!ill look into that juno,as of now were really not that "pro" but were hoping of getting there sometime.(then again every band has the same dream) i think a cheap one will do and much later we could upgrade to a better one(which in the long run has you spending more money) wait can you plug these into the computer and lets say use them as midi controllers for reason or something?sorry for the noobish question..