What effects would i need To make a guitar sound like a synthesizer

and even make it sound like other instruments EX. Strings, piano, ect.

the closest thing ive found is this
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Snarling-Dogs-Mold-Spore-Wah-Ring-Modulator-150552-i1124345.gc
click on the mold spore soundclip

othere than that ive found nothing any advice?
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

when i set my tone knobs to 1 or 0 and switch to the bridge pickup, it has an electronic tone. i hope that helps a little bit.
check out the electro harmonix pog

it does Bass and 12 string and 18 string(not as good as the real thing but pretty darn good) and organ

the organ with distortion can get pretty crazy and awesome in my opinion. check out blue orchid by white stripes for an idea of one of the sounds you can get with it
At a guitar convention 2 years back at the Roland table, there was a guy whose explorer did Sax sounds and synth sounds, so Boss/Roland probably makes some sort of modular.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Try the EHX MicroSynth, or something like that. I did see a Korg tube-driven synth unit for a guitar once at a pawnshop, $200. I don't know what it was. But that might be a little closer to what you're looking for, if you're willing to spend some cash and look around for one.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
At a guitar convention 2 years back at the Roland table, there was a guy whose explorer did Sax sounds and synth sounds, so Boss/Roland probably makes some sort of modular.

That reminds me- Roland makes a synth pickup for guitar, but I think you need to buy a processor to actually use it.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by E V H 5150
That reminds me- Roland makes a synth pickup for guitar, but I think you need to buy a processor to actually use it.

yep someone just suggested that in another post

and it seems to be what im looking for

heres a link
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-VG99-VGuitar-Multi-Effects-Processor-System-wGK3-Pickup?sku=150243

thanks all
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

If you have some big bucks to spend, check out the high end Godin guitars, they have built in synths, there also beautiful guitars
Even the older Roland synths are great. I just saw a band tonight where the 2nd guitarist used a Roland synth for just about every song - sax, piano, odd effects, organ, keys, etc. With the Roland GK pickup that thing tracks pretty well.
I hear the problem with the synths and midis is that the signal is slightly delayed and you're gonna play something just a fraction of a second before you hear it and that can take some time getting used to...which I'm sure playing sax on a guitar would take a while to get used to as well
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
There is a slight delay, but the majority wouldn't even hear or notice it. The latest Roland hex pickup is the best to date, tracks very well.
The GR20 is an amazing synth. I spent a lot of time with one of those, it's loaded with so many different sounds. I was going to buy one, but in all reality I wouldn't even use it other than occasionally fooling around with it.
that sound clip hurt my ears
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer