Ok so Im wanting to get a new guitar soon, a strat, and I really want the Tom Delonge strat but I dont want to buy a used guitar. So the question is which strat should I choose since there is so many. I would be changing the pickups to just one bridge pickup and obviously change the pickgaurd. No tremelo bar and maby change the tuners. Should I just get a basic strat since im going to be changing lots or get a fairly decent one? Would need to be alder body,maple neck with rosewood fingerboard and 21 medium jumbo frets. I dont think they really make many with these colors but is there any with sea foam green/surf green or some sort of metalic blue. Im know im picky but which one should I choose.
tom delonge's strat looks like **** IMO.
but if you were gonna get a strat and swap lots of things out, i myself would just go for a squier or a MIM fender
Quote by Knapton
Ok so Im wanting to get a new guitar soon, a strat, and I really want the Tom Delonge strat but I dont want to buy a used guitar. So the question is which strat should I choose since there is so many. I would be changing the pickups to just one bridge pickup and obviously change the pickgaurd. No tremelo bar and maby change the tuners. Should I just get a basic strat since im going to be changing lots or get a fairly decent one? Would need to be alder body,maple neck with rosewood fingerboard and 21 medium jumbo frets. I dont think they really make many with these colors but is there any with sea foam green/surf green or some sort of metalic blue. Im know im picky but which one should I choose.

Who the hell is Tom Delonge?

Don't get me wrong... but it sure sounds like a strat isn't the guitar for you. They are for classic rock and blues. It will barely be a strat anymore when you're done with it. Buy something you actually like, not a project guitar. Thats a ****load of work.

How old are you, whats your budget, and what kind of music do you play...the usual 3 questions, always answer them.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Tom Delonge is the former guitarist for Blink 182 and the current guitarist for Angels and Airwaves.

I would just buy one used, or buy a MIM standard strat in electron blue and do the mods to it.
Me being a Blink fan, I love toms guitar. But a MIM strat would be your best bet. If you have that kind of $. But, squier is ok. Remember, Pearloid, Invader, 70's headstock. Remember.
so whats the difference between a MIM and a MIA? And ya I know to get all those. Good to see someone else likes his guitar too.Also is there a website for MIM strats?
Last edited by Knapton at Nov 18, 2007,
Quote by Knapton
I dont think they really make many with these colors but is there any with sea foam green/surf green or some sort of metalic blue. Im know im picky but which one should I choose.

They have this color of green (my guitar)

Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
ya I want more of a surf green not dark green or a light blue metalic. I dont really like that electron blue either.
Well, the cheapest guitars I can think of with that finish are the Classic 50s and Classic 60s strats that both run about $650- not including new pickups and pickguard and such.

The thing is though, you can get a very similar sound from an HSS MIM Standard Strat for like $400. It won't look the same, but it will sound close and you will have added versatility, in the (very probable) case your musical tastes expand.

If you REALLY want the Tom Delonge sig, then buy one used.
Quote by gibsonpenguin
Well, the cheapest guitars I can think of with that finish are the Classic 50s and Classic 60s strats that both run about $650- not including new pickups and pickguard and such.

The thing is though, you can get a very similar sound from an HSS MIM Standard Strat for like $400. It won't look the same, but it will sound close and you will have added versatility, in the (very probable) case your musical tastes expand.

If you REALLY want the Tom Delonge sig, then buy one used.

Listen to this guy ^
Oh, and MIM means made in Mexico, and MIA means Made in America. Americans run you around900 and mexicans 300. They are all fenders.
I would rather get a tom delonge style. I geuss I just might have to go for a used one. So I need one with alder body, maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, 21 medium jumbo frets.
k so can I just buy like a green alder body and then buy neck to fit what I want or do I have to buy everything as one and customize it? Also chrome silver would be another good color if anyone could find one like that.
anyone? Colour doesnt matter that much as its too hard to find. I just want an alder body, mahogany or maple neck with rosewood fretboard and 21 medium jumbo frets.
Quote by Knapton
anyone? Colour doesnt matter that much as its too hard to find. I just want an alder body, mahogany or maple neck with rosewood fretboard and 21 medium jumbo frets.

All that is standard on most strats, not hard to find.