hello everyone

im considering asking for a mesa/boogie dual rectifier head and some kind of cab for xmas from my parents

before i get flamed for being spoiled or whatever.. i get enough of it from my friends, please just dont

what i need to know is will the Mesa fit my styles? and if so what cab should i ask for/buy myself?

i play most styles of metal.. nothing too high gain though, classic rock, punk, some country, rockabilly, blues (think SRV.. Johnny Winter..)

and would it be a worthy trade up from the MG my parents got me last year?

also im in a band that records and is planning on gigging soon (nothing too big.. small to medium club scenarios)

thanks in advance

P O E
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Last edited by p o e at Nov 18, 2007,
my mesa/boogey rectifier is awesome, it does evrything really, its a good choice... i would buy it again if i had my time again, altough i dont play metal much, it still is good 4 everything

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

I'm not a fan of the recto series due to it's lack of versatility. For a bit of everything the F series is a great choice. Take the F series up a notch and you have the mark series. Great choice.

If you're dead set on a recto, make sure you buy an older 2 channel dual recto or a Recto roadster/roadking.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Guitarmiester
Instead of the Recto, maybe look into the Lone Star, Lone Star Special, and Stilleto.

made my Mesa?
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Dude get the Mark IV and you'll love it so much you will get buried with it.
No better way to show your faith then buying a child a 2000 dollar half stack . But enough of that, if your not playing anything too high gain, why buy a dual rec. Why buy a dual rec anyways? You must not have played a mark IV.
Quote by MESAexplorer
I'm not a fan of the recto series due to it's lack of versatility. For a bit of everything the F series is a great choice. Take the F series up a notch and you have the mark series. Great choice.

If you're dead set on a recto, make sure you buy an older 2 channel dual recto or a Recto roadster/roadking.

+1 to everything said

I honestly wouldn't go with a Recto, have you played one before? Chances are you haven't, or haven't tried any other Mesas. The F series or Mark IV would be a much better choice (don't get as muddy and don't have a flabby lowend), though 2 channel rectos are pretty sweet, but also hard to find and quite pricey.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
No better way to show your faith then buying a child a 2000 dollar half stack .QUOTE]
it really is faith..
but my parents are old hippies who prolly smoked too much week in the 70s so they're a bit.. woozy

woozy ppls with moneys are good parents :P

and its not as crazy as when my dad came home from work one day with my Les Paul
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Quote by gsr2k6
No better way to show your faith then buying a child a 2000 dollar half stack .QUOTE]
it really is faith..
but my parents are old hippies who prolly smoked too much week in the 70s so they're a bit.. woozy

woozy ppls with moneys are good parents :P

and its not as crazy as when my dad came home from work one day with my Les Paul

......this is why it upsets me that Im up at 3:39 doing organic chem hoping that one day I can have money like that to wipe my ass with yet some little punk gets a 2k amp for christmas as if it were a pedal...(no offense seriously)...

Life isnt fair, I notice that more everyday....

/rant..Im going to bed....

get a mark IV though...
Quote by p o e
made my Mesa?

Yup, all three are Mesa amps. I'd highly recommend actually trying these amps before blowing the money on one. Even though Mesa is a well regarded brand, not everyone is into the voicing of some of their amps. You won't find that out until you try some amps, and not just Mesa's.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Yup, all three are Mesa amps. I'd highly recommend actually trying these amps before blowing the money on one. Even though Mesa is a well regarded brand, not everyone is into the voicing of some of their amps. You won't find that out until you try some amps, and not just Mesa's.

+1

there are other mesas than rectos, and there are other amp brands than mesa.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?