yeah, im im pretty broke, so i figure im gonna buy a squire bass (dont laugh)
so i was womdering, what the best qualaty bass would be. im thinking one of the vintage modifieds but im not sure.
thaks in advance
How do I change my sig?
I've heard nothing but good things about the Vintage Modified Jazz Bass so that gets my vote.
Get like a cheap Ibanez. At least they make up for poor wood with decent electronics.
My Gear:
Godin BG V and BG IV
GK 1001RB w/ 4x10 RBH
Palatino Upright
Ibanez Talman Artcore
Godin LG
Washburn Acoustic
Godin Classical
Traynor YCV80

Quote by musicology
Get like a cheap Ibanez. At least they make up for poor wood with decent electronics.

since when is maple or alder a poor wood?

ts i recommend the vintage modified series jazz bass, they are great basses and the one i played felt very solid,

the one thing about squiers is the build quality varies greatly from instrument to instrument so definately try the exact bass you're going to buy.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0

ts i recommend the vintage modified series jazz bass, they are great basses and the one i played felt very solid,

the one thing about squiers is the build quality varies greatly from instrument to instrument so definately try the exact bass you're going to buy.

Nice avatar, did it take much finding?

And to give a point to this post, I also recommend the Vintage Modified Squiers and not necessarily the jazz, the precision is good too.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
Nice avatar, did it take much finding?

And to give a point to this post, I also recommend the Vintage Modified Squiers and not necessarily the jazz, the precision is good too.

lol, no i got it from an op in a really sh*tty chatroom, he was a real pain in the arse

and to continue on this topic, yeah i "forgot" to mention the p bass. that had nothing to do with how biased i am towards the jazz bass over anything else at all, cos what kind of bassist would i be if i was biased to that extent
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Squier VM J or P. Actually quite a few of the VM's are very good, and the Standard series are improving.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I have never been a huge fan of the Squiers either guitar or bass, but I picked up a VM P the other day, and its rather nice. I imagine the Js are just as good.
The vintage modified series really are pretty nice after a few minor adjustments. I've played my share of squire basses (most heavily modified of course) and the vintage modified basses that I've played were quite nice. I haven't had a chance to play the Pbass, but the Jbass was definitely worth it's price. The fretless version wasn't bad either.
My bet's with the VM Jazz - the fretted one. It's not too often you can find a maple-fingerboarded bass with a maple body that's playable off the floor (i.e. not a Rondo) for that price.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by skater dan0

He is referring to the cheap Ibanez basses, that are made of agathis.
Dingwall Afterburner I 5 string
Warwick Blue Cab 30 practice amp
Quote by thefitz
But hold on - you're debating on whether or not to buy a bass or keep your house? That's pretty fucking hardcore!
I've never heard anything bad about the VM Jazz. It gets my vote.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
I have the Ibanez's lowest model and it runs about the same price as the squire and plays really well. I personally have never played on a squire bass but I have played on a squier guitar and it felt more comfortable than my friend's $600 schecter if that says anything. The best thing you can do is just try out a couple in your price range and see which you like best.
Most are alright, but whatever you do, STAY AWAY FROM SQUIRE AFFINITYS. And yes, my vote goes to the VM J-bass.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
I have a Vintage Modified Jazz Bass, and it's a pretty good bass, it's probably your best bet for a Squier.
Quote by musicology

I'd rather start with normal wood and upgrade the electronics later. What am I gonna do with the Ibanez...upgrade the wood?
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.