Well not exactly, but as I unplugged my guitar today, the bolts that held my guitar's output jack fell out, and now my output jack's stuck inside my guitar's body. I'd noticed before that my output jack was a bit loose, but I never really paid much attention to it. Since I also noticed that my treble pickup lacks volume/cuts off sometimes, I guess I'm just gonna take my guitar to the shop and get it checked. How much do you usually have to pay for stuff like that (also checking out the electronics and such). Do I have to pay extra cause it's a semi-hollow? How will they reach my guitar's electronics if there's no cavity in the back to access it?
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
lol, Semi hollow. You could probably just put it in yourself and tighten it when loose.
Quote by rocker931
lol, Semi hollow. You could probably just put it in yourself and tighten it when loose.

I'm sorry, but what? My problem is that my output jack is still stuck in the body and I don't know how to get it out or anything.

Unless you were answering that question and I just didn't understand what you meant..
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

Bump due to thread drownage..

(I really need help for this, so sorry)

Just get some tweezers dude.

Taking a guitar to the shop over a minor problem like a jack crapping out is a waste of time. Get it outta there yourself, and if you see any wires that look loose/not soldered well, re-solder them. If the jack keeps loosening itself, you may need a new one. You can get one at the shop for < $20 and solder it on yourself.

Chances are that if you take it in, the shop is going to charge the balls off of you and keep your guitar for at least a week.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
if you have any clothes hangers made of metal wire, straighten it out minus the hook and use that. to have your pots and jack sorted by a tech it'll cost very little, may as well go for a full set up while your at it.

^ i've had mine set up and collected it an hour later
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Try to fish the jack out of the guitar with a bent clotheshanger or something (I'm pretty sure that's what they'd do in the shop, too), and then re-attach it to the jack plate. Do you still have the nut that screwed on to the outside of the jack? If so, get the jack, put it in the jack plate, and screw the nut back on WHILE HOLDING the jack itself.

The reason you want to hold the jack is to keep it from twisting as you're screwing on the nut, which could break solder joints. Once you've got the jack firmly attached, screw the jack plate back on and play away.

As Dudetheman said, check the wires are properly soldered to the jack. If the jack's working electrically, you probably won't need to replace it, but keep an eye on it as the nut on any jack does tend to loosen over time. If this happens again, unscrew the jack plate again, hold the jack firmly, screw the nut back on... same thing.

This is just one of those little maintenance things that any guitarist should feel comfortable doing. It may be a pain to fish the jack back out from the inside of your guitar, but once you've done it you'll be more familiar with the problem and it'll be a really easy fix if it ever happens again.
Fish it out. And solder it back. If its still cutting or your jack is stripped, just buy all new pots and jacks.