I recall the Epiphone SG's being quite thin, so i personally wouldnt do it, as you wouldnt have much meat behind it, especially for a home job or it not being made with one.

If you really want a trem, just buy a guitar with one on it, it would be so much better in the long run.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
rockstar_jones does have a point
but if you really want to put a tremelo on it(if its thick enough) look for a keller
they are simply amazing
well look at the SG as an Ibanez S470, they're both quite thin, but the Ibanez has a tremolo and it works perfectly, but I dunno, look into it, it would be quite awesome to have an SG with a Floyd.
the s series are regular thickness in the midde. they are only thin on the edges
its possible
iommi has a sg with a floyd, and gibson made a couple sg models with floyds back in the 80s
buy you;re better off getting a kahler, much less routing and in my opinion better playing and sounding
still, the ones that come with them are built with them, so done well and safe. Who knows, the way in which the pieces of wood are joined together in your epiphone SG might cause problems too. Especially if you're going to have to remove a great chunk of where a piece is joined. Just a thought.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
this question is asked all the time and the answer is always "no, it's too thin, and too much work to try and get one to fit in and you might as well buy one that has a floyd."

you would have to defy physics.
Quote by mrmarc772
the s series are regular thickness in the midde. they are only thin on the edges

No man the S series is still thin at the middle. The only reason it works is because of the ZR tem. IF you can get one of those you might be able to make it work.
so then would it be better to use a different guitar to im guessing. thanks for the help by the way.
Yes, probably even to buy one how you want it.

/thread
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M