My handle keeps dangling down, and I want it to stay horizontal (so its really close to my hand) even when I'm not holding it. I've got both of the teflon things on it, but it still dangles down when I'm not holding it. Any suggestions?
Guitars:
- Ibanez GRX40
- Ibanez RG1570 MRR
- Eddy (Plywood Stratocaster Copy)
- Dean V Metalman
Amps:
- Marshall MG15 DFX with custom speaker
- Vox AD30VT
Gear:
- Boss DS-1 (Keeley modded)
- Vox V848 Wah
- Digitech RP80
I have the same problem to !!! help would be awesome i have done the same thing with the teflon thingy's
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Try squeezing the teflons into the tremolo arm and re-placing it until it sticks. It's the only thing that seems to work.
I'm a communist. Really.
I'm not entirely sure what "Teflon thingies" you're talking about, but it seems like you would want more friction if you don't want the bar to randomly swing around when you're not using it, not less, and Teflon certainly wouldn't give you increased friction.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Hold on, so I should remove the teflon thingies? (BTW they are the white rings on the arm itself)
Guitars:
- Ibanez GRX40
- Ibanez RG1570 MRR
- Dean V Metalman
Amps:
- Vox AD30VT
Gear:
- Vox V848 Wah
- Digitech RP80
Quote by styxie
Hold on, so I should remove the teflon thingies? (BTW they are the white rings on the arm itself)

Do they lubricate the place where the arm attaches to the bridge or something? I don't actually have any experience with edge pro's, but seeing as teflon is a lubricant, it seems like the arm would move around less if you took them off...it's worth a try, assuming you could put them back on easily.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
youve got to replace part of the trem, its realy inexpensive and easy to do. youve basicly gotta buy part of an OFR and fit it.

PM me for a link.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
i "used" to want that, ..but having it horizontal isnt ideal. i got used to having it dangle, and now i like it, i suggest you just do the same.
Well I like it for doing the "crickets" where you hammer your hand in the bar, but you can only do this if the bar stays horizontal. Anywho, I tried changing the teflon bits (it far worse without any teflon) and it's slightly better now, but not yet perfect.
Guitars:
- Ibanez GRX40
- Ibanez RG1570 MRR
- Dean V Metalman
Amps:
- Vox AD30VT
Gear:
- Vox V848 Wah
- Digitech RP80
Quote by bodomfan666
youve got to replace part of the trem, its realy inexpensive and easy to do. youve basicly gotta buy part of an OFR and fit it.

PM me for a link.

What.

1. Take the white washers off.
2. Cover the grooves on the arm with a layer or two of nail polish, let dry. Alternatively, wrap a bit of plastic tape or casette tape around the arm inside the groove. Or even just improvise some kind of "padding".
3. Snap the washers back on.
4. Stick the arm into the trem, and if you did everything right, it'll be tighter than a twelve year old.

Ideally, you would just replace the washers with new ones, but people tend to lose or throw away the spares.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Wouldn't replacing your teflons with new ones just make the friction even less? Teflon is, after all, made to remove friction...
I'm a communist. Really.
I have no idea why people call them teflons. They're smooth plastic rings. They make the arm just wide enough to fit the arm socket and sit inside it without slipping, but they in no way act like a ball bearing or "lubricant" would.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by bodomfan666

PM me for a link.

wrong

I hear putting a few layers of clear fingernail polish around the part of the trem that goes in makes it a little more snug so it won't wiggle around.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Warning: Be careful with the nail polish trick, don't overdo it. I did the exact same thing on my guitar, and for a while it worked like a charm but then it started getting looser again. Now the bar is worse than before, and it's quite annoying.
Thanks guys, I'll try the nail polish bit.

@kyrecca: Can't you just apply another layer of nail polish?
Guitars:
- Ibanez GRX40
- Ibanez RG1570 MRR
- Dean V Metalman
Amps:
- Vox AD30VT
Gear:
- Vox V848 Wah
- Digitech RP80
Quote by styxie
Thanks guys, I'll try the nail polish bit.

@kyrecca: Can't you just apply another layer of nail polish?

I did that at first, but I don't want to get stuck in a downward spiral of nail polish excess.
Quote by kyrreca
I did that at first, but I don't want to get stuck in a downward spiral of nail polish excess.
This phrase is made out of magic.

No matter what you do to pad it, it will become more loose at some point - when you move the arm, the washers wear out. The best idea is to have a jar of spares and swap them whenever you need to.
Quote by stebbic
I have the same problem to !!! help would be awesome i have done the same thing with the teflon thingy's

I have the same exact problem. I have tried replacing the teflon thingys, putting nail polish on, super glue, tape and squeezing that little spring thing down at the bottom which locks it into place. This also occured 10 seconds after i bought it, i realized that it didnt stay. I dont mind though i got it for a steal, my guitar. After a while i just learned to lift my leg up and use it that way, or i move the bar so its at a 45deg angle with the trem so it wont fall down. Im almost certain this is why Satch uses the edge and not the edge pro.
Quote by dogismycopilot
Im almost certain this is why Satch uses the edge and not the edge pro.
Edge and Edge Pro use the same arm socket and arm.
Quote by pifty
Edge and Edge Pro use the same arm socket and arm.

Owned.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
The nail polish thing seems to work, only I haven't applied enough yet =) The nail polish is pink, so I'm gonna end up with a pink floyd rose... (hehe geddit?)
Guitars:
- Ibanez GRX40
- Ibanez RG1570 MRR
- Dean V Metalman
Amps:
- Vox AD30VT
Gear:
- Vox V848 Wah
- Digitech RP80