I am a n00b... i play easy stuff only.... i even play stuff people consider "emo" ...

the point is is would like to try out guitars ... how can i do so without people pissing me off or laughing....

as the other post shows ( YEAH the one about n00bs in guitar shops...) guitairsts are cruel towards n00bs....

so what am i to do?
your a girl its ok.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
Try the guitar.Dont just play a guitar in a shop if you feel like it.See if you like the neck,check the intonation,Do some bends on high on the fretboard to see if they dont cut off.If you are trying the guitar dont worry about what other people think
Play what you want and don't give a damn what others think. Does it really matter what some random stranger thinks, who you'll probably nevr meet again?
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by petrina_678
I am a n00b... i play easy stuff only.... i even play stuff people consider "emo" ...

the point is is would like to try out guitars ... how can i do so without people pissing me off or laughing....

as the other post shows ( YEAH the one about n00bs in guitar shops...) guitairsts are cruel towards n00bs....

so what am i to do?

Simple,Dont plug in the guitar or if ur lucky, get headsets from the salesguy
well the main problem i see with people under the "noob" catagory is that a lot of them have there amp turned up way too loud the entire time they are tryin the guitar out. the only time i see that this is ok to do is if your checking how the guitar will respond to high vol. and when it will feed back, but only then, remember your trying the guitar out, not the amp.

so what i would recomend is turn the volume of the amp your playing through up to the point were you can hear your self, not exsesive. also try just playin simple stuff on the guitar to check for action, how the neck feels, the spaceing of strings, and so forth. there is no need to go all out or anything. your just trying it out, not goin into a battle of sorts lol.
Just play what you want and dont give'a **** what others think. That or get better and learn different stuff :P
play some scales ... everyone knows scales, and no one gives a **** if you play them.

just play the penta up and down, gives you a good feel for the guitar.
Well you don't have to play some real piece of song,just few chors and some higher notes to get an overal feel and sound of guitar,you will play the real stuff home.
If you're going to a big chain store, most of the people working there are probably as noobish as you are, they won't care if you play "All the Small Things" for an hour straight as long as your amp isn't up too loud.

On the other hand, if you go to a small owner-run local store, they'll just be happy that you're buying a gutiar from them in hte first place.

Seriously, just don't crank your amp and you'll be fine.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Quote by petrina_678

so what am i to do?

You're in Singapore, no one will give a crap.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Quote by Down Shifter
your a girl its ok.

Quote by iSlash
You're in Singapore, no one will give a crap.

What's with these replies?

Your shouldn't get annoyed by people you know
just play what you like, your going to buy things, not to get a review.
Some stores have a separate room (the GC near me calls it the "loud room") that is usually small and filled with amps. Just take a guitar in there, if there is such a room, and go crazy.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
dont let it bother you.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
I know how you feel, you get real cocky gits anywhere in the world
ignore em, iand if they laugh or say they can do better you make em prove it ,,,, ive shut up a couple of guitarists that way :p
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
Learn some new songs......
Was that so hard?
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Go in there, play what you like, and do what you want.

Let me put it to you this way....

A lot of guys talk **** here because it's a forum...they feel high and might because it's over the internet.

If it actually came down to talking **** in person, I'm willing to bet 99% of them would be too scared to do it

Moral of my story....go to the store, try what you want, play all the songs you like, and if anyone says anything, remind them how much of a loser THEY really are
Just keep the volume just loud enough so you can hear it and play whatever you know. **** anyone else (Not literally). Most people in my local GC just play the same ****ing song over and over. Only occasionally you get someone who can truely shred. In fact, only one guy that works there can shred. Strange eh?

But yeah, just ignore everyone else. I agree with the headphones idea though.
hey sup , i'am from singapore too . btw i know Rong , the drummer in u're band i think hahha
^omg who are you............ wtf.................... do i know you?!! yeah rong is in the same band as me..............
I had this problem too when I was going to buy my first guitar, and the guy recommended me the HSS strat and he told me everything about it. And then he asked me like "if you're interested in this one then please try it, and I was like "why don't you try it for me? " and so he did and I really liked the tone and so I bought it lol, but that's another story.

Anyways I'm always embarrased to try stuffs as a noob player, you rather just ask someone about it and stuff. Like when I was about to buy the orange rocker 30, I had like played electric guitar max 10 minutes of my life before that, so I kept the volume really really low because I didn't want anyone to hear me lol. And when I was done with it the guy at the music store said "hmmm you should have tried it with higher volume man." and I was like "uhm... yeah I guess "
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Last edited by Hultan at Nov 18, 2007,
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Go in there, play what you like, and do what you want.

Let me put it to you this way....

A lot of guys talk **** here because it's a forum...they feel high and might because it's over the internet.

If it actually came down to talking **** in person, I'm willing to bet 99% of them would be too scared to do it

Moral of my story....go to the store, try what you want, play all the songs you like, and if anyone says anything, remind them how much of a loser THEY really are

+1

at the end of the day you're trying the guitar, not showing off your chops.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
People are just dicks if they make fun of you. Everyone used to be a beginner, and it shouldn't be a competition.
If you play stuff people hate UNLESS you're in a shop, how are you going to find the right tone for what you play without trying out what you usually play?

HUH HUH?
yah this happened to me yesterday. I went to Sobers, my music store and was looking at a epiphone les paul and a bc rich warlock, some guy let me in a room full of amps and he tuned the guitar and jus went nuts for a sec!! it was crazy!! shredding with metal zone pedal. then i tried and i have been playing for almost a year and didnt know what to play.... so i tried YYZ and Crazy Train and stuff but i was embarassed cuz i couldn't play very fast compared to other peeps who were playing.. but today i went again and tried an SG and didnt give two ****s so just think that everyone was a beginner
Quote by Horlicks
If you play stuff people hate UNLESS you're in a shop, how are you going to find the right tone for what you play without trying out what you usually play?

HUH HUH?

*dies due to confusion*

Play Smoke on the water, everyone loves that song