hey

im new here and this is my first post

Im into metal and stuff like metallica, slayer, etc
And a bit of punk as well - good charlotte, etc

i own a (fender) squire strat and a squire sp-10 amp. Apparently this amp is really #### so i was wondering what are some of the better practice amps??

eg. marshall or fender with model no and info please

I am also in need of a portable amp ... is the marshall ms-2 any good??

And another question
I was looking around on the esp site and saw a guitar which looks bloody awesome...

Im talking about the LTD AX series

there are 3 different models - 50, 260 and 400
I noticed the 400 has two emg 81 pickups...
wouldn't it be better having two different pickups to get a different tone???

So im thinkin of maybe getting this guitar - probably the 260 model and then later on upgrade one of the pickups to emg 81. what do u think i should do??

thanks
fender and marshall are like top of the line amps, if u want a practice amp go for peavy or something... thats just my opinion tho. and GC is not punk (no offence but seriously).
"yeah, well, you know...

that's just like... your opinion man."

-The Dude, His Dudeness
marshall are not really top of the line, they are just well known, fenders are more for cleans so you probabley dont want an amp like that, look at laneys
and i wouldnt recomend the ax series, cause you probabley wont be into that look later on

you will get two different tones due to the placement of the pickups, the neck p/u will be bassier and the bridge will be treblier

dont spend too much money on gear until your sure you want to play guitar, like for life
The MS-2 does the job, but it sounds awful

On the note of the LTD, your best bet is to save and buy the 400, rather than upgrade the 260. The price of the EMG's would mean your simply wasting money.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Quote by Pure_Morning
The MS-2 does the job, but it sounds awful

On the note of the LTD, your best bet is to save and buy the 400, rather than upgrade the 260. The price of the EMG's would mean your simply wasting money.

hmmm... i dont think i would wanna save up for the 400 yet simply because it costs $1500!! (AUS) Lol im only in year 9 and my parents definitely wouldn't let me buy this

maybe a better plan would be to buy the 50 (which costs $550 AUD) for now, upgrade it a little (if i want) and sell off my squire

and plus i think the silver color looks better on it (only comes on the 50)

then start saving for the 400 later (if i still like the same type of guitar)

Models and prices AUD (pickups)
50 - $550 LTD LH-150
260 - $850 LTD-EMG LH-300
400 - $1500 EMG 81
*moved*
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Vox AD15VT
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
I don't know but I think maybe you would regret buying the MG...I know a few people with them, one loves it and the rest hate it, but you should really go try them out if possible, yes they are practice amps but if you don't like the sound of the one you purchased after you've bought it, you won't use it.
Last edited by xharass_natox at Nov 18, 2007,
I like to try out guitars several times before buying them I have been very surprised at the quality, sound and playability of some of the low end guitar and really disapointed at how bad some of the better guitars were. Always try the guitar you want with the amp you like sometimes the combination doesn't work.

As amps go it's best you go to a store with your guitar and try a few out. I have the Marshall MS4 (full stack LOL) and I get a kick out of it. I think it's pretty cool and sounds good enough for a portable amp that fits in more than half my cases. The other thing I have is a Dan Electro Honeytone headphone set I carry as well. Sometimes if your staying someplace and just want to be quiet it's a great way to go.

John

I have a MG 10 it's OK. I liked my kids BC Rich practice amp better than my Marshall.
Last edited by johnro6659 at Nov 18, 2007,
Seriously don't get any of those ones you listed.

Get a Roland Cube or a Vox Valvetronix, the XL type for heavier stuff. (Vox AD15VT XL)
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Quote by SackyBoy
hey

im new here and this is my first post

Im into metal and stuff like metallica, slayer, etc
And a bit of punk as well - good charlotte, etc

i own a (fender) squire strat and a squire sp-10 amp. Apparently this amp is really #### so i was wondering what are some of the better practice amps??

eg. marshall or fender with model no and info please

I am also in need of a portable amp ... is the marshall ms-2 any good??

And another question
I was looking around on the esp site and saw a guitar which looks bloody awesome...

Im talking about the LTD AX series

there are 3 different models - 50, 260 and 400
I noticed the 400 has two emg 81 pickups...
wouldn't it be better having two different pickups to get a different tone???

So im thinkin of maybe getting this guitar - probably the 260 model and then later on upgrade one of the pickups to emg 81. what do u think i should do??

thanks

I'm new here too, and appear to have exactly the same guitar and amp as you!
Roland cube is meh.

But Vox AD15VT is very good. You might want to look into that. Out of the 3 you posted, Peavey is probably the best. I would stay away from the Marshall MG10 (personally experience) I had it as my first amp. And it is possible the worst amp money can buy.

Those guitars are not just the difference in pickups. They use different woods (very important factor) different hardwares, constructions etc. So by just upgrading the pickups of the 50, you will not get anywhere near the 400.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

two identical pups in bridge and neck position will always give you different sounds because of how strings vibrate: that is, they vibrate stiffer closer to the bridge, thus giving a more trebley sound.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
hmmm... after much thinking i have decided to get the AX-50. since its only $550 its definitely in my price range. And if i dont like it much later on (after school) it's no big loss. It also comes in silver and is the only one out of the 3 models which does. >> These are the main reasons for my choice of the AX-50

as for the amps if i decide to go for a lower-end amp it'll prob be the laney lx-12 (coz it looks cool... lol) . if i have a bit more spare cash i will get the VOX AD15VT-XL

... and yes i will try the amp out before i buy it. If it sounds crap, then i will consider a different amp. and as for the marshall ms-2 ... cant be ###### - its not worth it