Poll: Chorus or Acoustic
Poll Options
View poll results: Chorus or Acoustic
Acoustic
7 54%
Chorus
6 46%
Voters: 13.
I want to have an acoustic sound when I play electric guitar sometimes, since many songs have some acoustic parts in them. In a previous thread I created, they said that chorus is better than buying an acoustic pedal. What do you think?
At first I thought You'd like to buy an acoustic guitar... so that's why I voted for acoustic. But know I think chorus because acoustic's pedals aren't very good...
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
Well the only acoustic pedal that comes to mind is the Boss one. Now im not going to nag about boss, but theyre really not worth it. Just go get an acoustic guitar.
Chrous wont make your guitar sound acoustic sorry. Just alot warmer and thicker and er.. chorusy.
well buy a g-major and you will get both and many other great sounding effects too!!
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
Quote by Karol1701
At first I thought You'd like to buy an acoustic guitar... so that's why I voted for acoustic. But know I think chorus because acoustic's pedals aren't very good...

I wont get an acoustic since I do already have it, but the thing is that wnt to be able to switch between dist. and acoustic quickly, and if you have to change guitar, it ain't quickly. So I guess it stands between an acoustic pedal and a chorus pedal.
Well I've not heard many good acoustic sims. I'd say get a chorus - chorus cleans are nice, but they don't sound like an acoustic. It'd be a very nice touch though.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Well er just switch your amp back to clean? Honestly when is it absolutely necessary for you to switch between acoustic/electric in the middle of a song.
Well acoustic simulators generally seem to work better on guitars with single coil pickups with more than 1 pickup in use. at least the acoustic setting on the roland cube sounded electro-acoustic with my fender cyclone... sounded crap with the bridge humbucker but with the neck pickup (which sound almost acousticly harmonic anyway) and both pickups at the same time sounded good.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Chorus is good for electric cleans, kinda. A bit overused maybe, but then so are acoustic sounds. I love acoustic emulators though.
Quote by beckyjc
Well er just switch your amp back to clean? Honestly when is it absolutely necessary for you to switch between acoustic/electric in the middle of a song.

a song that comes to mind for me is My name is Jonas

i have a G&L legacy and i play it on clean with a chorus and sometimes a slight reverb :P next best thing to na acoustic
Hey man, **** effects pedals. What you need is a TUBE AMP. If you already have one, get one with MORE TUBES. It will automagically solve all your tone problems, for ever. Also make sure to bully anyone who doesn't own a TUBE AMP into getting one. Christianity didn't spread by throwing fluffy pillows around the place now did it!
^ you know nothing and your humour is poor.

anyway. chorus + reverb + neck pup is as close as it gets. Never really tested mixing 2 single coil pups before so give that a whirl as someone suggested.

I've only tried the acoustic setting on a cube and the behringer acoustic simulator, which sucked
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
A lot of it depends on your guitar, if you have a Strat-type or HSH guitar then you actually get pretty good acousticy tones from postions 2 & 4, particularly if you roll the volume off a little. A chorus pedal is a lot more versatile as you can use it to sweeten up your clean tones or also on your distorted sound. An acoustic simulator is a one-trick pony, and even then the results can be pretty disappointing.

Quote by Storm_Bringer
I've only tried the acoustic setting on a cube and the behringer acoustic simulator, which sucked

...although in all fairness the Behringer does only cost about the same as a Ginsters Buffet Bar and a can of Apple Tango purchased from a motorway services.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Nov 18, 2007,
just play the guitar clean
it will be closer than putting chorus on ur clean sound because last time i checked acoustic guitars don't have built in chorus
www.myspace.com/funkmecrazy
Stevie Ray Vaughan and John Bonham's number one fan

"how do you make a 15 watt solid state amp sound good?"
Quote by p o e
step one, insert screwdriver into speaker
step two buy a good amp