I dont know if i should buy a keyboard?

Ive been wanting one since I suppose you could use it to put theory into practice
but what other uses can I get from it ?
Can they record?
Or can you make a sequence and it will loop it so you can play over it say on guitar?

What would you say the benefits of a keyboard would be ?
Thanks
|-----| Gear |-----|

Ibanez RG(cnt remember)
Marshall MG30DFX
Line 6 Guitar Port

YOUTUBE PR0NZZ
depends what you get, something top end like a Korg Oasys costs a pretty penny but its almost a recording studio in a keyboard. Something cheap like a Casio wont do much.

as for benefits, keyboards can do a helluva lot. its a really versatile instrument. You can play a whole orchestra with one person, or you can play a nice classic organ sound etc.

also, keyboards are kinda like the basis of music/music theory because of the fact that it has a wide range of notes AND it can play in all keys.

Hope that helps
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
thanks man. are there any of those that can record anyone can reccomend ? like names/brands
|-----| Gear |-----|

Ibanez RG(cnt remember)
Marshall MG30DFX
Line 6 Guitar Port

YOUTUBE PR0NZZ
not off the top of my head, sry.

Good keyboard brands are Yamaha, Roland, Korg and Nord. Good cheaper versions are Kawaii and Casio. (I think ive covered most of them)
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Quote by BFun
depends what you get, something top end like a Korg Oasys costs a pretty penny but its almost a recording studio in a keyboard. Something cheap like a Casio wont do much.

as for benefits, keyboards can do a helluva lot. its a really versatile instrument. You can play a whole orchestra with one person, or you can play a nice classic organ sound etc.

also, keyboards are kinda like the basis of music/music theory because of the fact that it has a wide range of notes AND it can play in all keys.

Hope that helps

...if only there were a stringed instrument that had those attributes for us guitarists to relate to
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If you just want to learn theory go for anything with black and white keys. I used to have a rubbishing make, but it did the job and I'm now a competent theory head. I would strongly recommend buying a cheap keyboard to learn theory.

If you want to worry about making good music with a keyboard or synthesizer or midi, worry about it differently because learning theory and playing keys are two different things. Especially if you're on a budget!
I bought a MIDI controller keyboard a while ago.

They are very cheap and you can do anything with them except play live.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums