So Tobius has recently bought this wonderous game and has played through it for the first time in almost 10 years (brought back many happy memories).

Now he finds himself right at the end of the game and wishes to embark on a challenge he has never faced before... defeating Ruby and Diamond weapon. In order to do this he intends to max out all his levels etc but his question to you, the UG community is as follows:

What is the best arm and accessories to equip?
and also are there any weapons/materia/items that will reduce an enemy to 1 hp or thereabouts?

Thank you to anyone who can help
Refer to yourself in the first person, you freak.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Diamond weapon you have to fight in the course of the storyline. Do you mean Emerald?

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
I think you mean Ruby and Emerald weapons, you defeat the diamond weapon over the normal course of the game. There are definitely two materia you need to defeat them. For the emerald weapon you will need the underwater materia in order to get rid of the 30 minute time limit in fighting the Emerald weapon, and I would also recommend getting the knights of the round summon materia and using mimic to cast it endlessly. You may want to level these materia up so you have multiple copies of it. For the Ruby weapon you will need the Final Attack materia. You get this in the golden saucer, it's a prize in the chocobo races, and is a real pain to get because it only shows up randomly. When you finally get it, equip it paired with a life materia, so that when your characters are killed their final attack is to cast life on themselves. This is important because ruby weapon casts ultima and can kill a character in one turn sometimes.
Hope this helps, enjoy the game!
Haven't you heard?

It's a battle of words
Quote by Metallica708
Diamond weapon you have to fight in the course of the storyline. Do you mean Emerald?

Woops, always get those 2 mixed up!

Yes, Emerald weapon... not Diamond.
Go in there armed with your weakest weapon and armor, and no materia.

And then and only then will you have my respect. Even if you don't win.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
You dont need underwater material I beat emerald in under the time limit im pretty sure, but it still helps.
Get yourself a gold chocabo guide and make one. It was very hard in my memory but I did it without a guide so there might be an easier way.
Get Knights of the round Material (secret cave in which you need gold Chocabo), Final Attack(Chocabo betting area I think in gold saucer), Mime(secret cave in which you need either blue or green chocabo I think).
Those are the 3 most important materials in the game. To kill emerald weapon.

Ruby weapon requires Final attack/revive combo, 4x cut, and you must enter the battle with 2 characters dead. then take out his claws and revive your party members and cast KOTR on his bitch ass, that should work.

Get a guide www.gamefaqs.com
You don't need final attack materia.

You just need a load of counter+mime combos, then use a multihit limit break and it auto-mimes loads of times each times awesome

I can;t wait till xmas, I'm gonna play FF7 again
Quote by BrianApocalypse
You don't need final attack materia.

You just need a load of counter+mime combos, then use a multihit limit break and it auto-mimes loads of times each times awesome

I can;t wait till xmas, I'm gonna play FF7 again

Yea that was a mistake on my part, counter Mime and KOTR will work fine for emerald but with Ruby it comes in handy.
There was some trick about using demi3 on emerald weapon, but it wasn't especially good.

I think Emerald can deal 9999 damage more easily (with aire tam?) than ruby, but either way, Final Attack + Life2 sure are useful
Quote by BrianApocalypse
There was some trick about using demi3 on emerald weapon, but it wasn't especially good.

I think Emerald can deal 9999 damage more easily (with aire tam?) than ruby, but either way, Final Attack + Life2 sure are useful

Ive actually got hit with a 9999 on every party member a couple of times by Emerald lol. I was just like what the ****!! How the **** am I suppose to win this ****!!(before I knew of final attack). I used to be scared of Emerald weapon when I was like 10 and I would never go underwater unless I really needed to.