Hi guys,
I'm starting to get in to recording my own backing tracks and to be honest I dont like the sound of the GP drums.

I borrowed a copy of cakewalk studio instruments from a friend but although it sounds good, I can't seem to edit and build my own tracks.

My pc doesnt have the specs for sonar studio and so on so is there anything else I can create my own tracks in and import them to my editing prog?

Im pretty new to this so sorry if this has been asked to death, any help would be great.

Thanks people!

Nat.
I second the motion for Beatcraft.
Fantastic sample sounds! Plus, MixCraft's an excellent platform to use when you get used to it.
Hot stepper or Hydrogen works fairly well if you won't mind matrix-based programming. Samples aren't the best but they usually sound better than GP. For great drum sounds program the beats in GP and then use the MIDI output (remove controller data) in any decent DAW and use a software sampler and a good set of samples to play the programmed MIDI. (I personally like BFD.)
Quote by ebon00
Hot stepper or Hydrogen works fairly well if you won't mind matrix-based programming. Samples aren't the best but they usually sound better than GP. For great drum sounds program the beats in GP and then use the MIDI output (remove controller data) in any decent DAW and use a software sampler and a good set of samples to play the programmed MIDI. (I personally like BFD.)

Hydrogen is the best bet. Free, powerful, and there are some awesome sounding kits made by the community. Milo Drums and the Yamaha Vintage kit give you real sounds, but they also have some great click and beeps, but you probably don't want those.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
EZDrummer
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
DFH FTMFW
You can't go wrong with Drumkit from Hell, unless you have no money of course. Excellent sound.
modplug. its oldschool tracker style.. free to download

need your own samples tho
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Wow thanks for all the replies!
Im gonna check out all i can and report back.

I play drums but dont have room and money for them, if i get some it will probably be a cheapish electronic kit.

Thanks again,
Nat