I got three songs to learn for thursday, and I'm not good with finding keys. So here's the question:

Can anyone please tell me what key these songs is in:

Coldplay - Talk
Robbie Williams - Mr Bojangles
Carlos Santana - Smooth

Thanks.
Mr Bojangles is in F major
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Just look at the first or last chord of the song, that 99% of the time tells you what key it's in. I repeat 99% of the time.
Quote by bass wizard
Just look at the first or last chord of the song, that 99% of the time tells you what key it's in. I repeat 99% of the time.

Kind of... but don't rely on it. I'm not disagreeing with you, but you should learn how series of sharps/flats to find a key.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Are you saying to me to learn the circle of fifths? If so i allready know it

Plus i think i know the smooth one, i think its in F maj because i looked at the tab and theres only one sharp.
But i could be D Aeolian (if your being picky) because it starts on D and ends on D. I think but im not sure. If anybody could tell me if this is right it would be a bonus
Last edited by bass wizard at Nov 18, 2007,
Quote by bass wizard
Are you saying to me to learn the circle of fifths? If so i allready know it

Plus i think i know the smooth one, i think its in F maj because i looked at the tab and theres only one sharp.
But i could be D Aeolian (if your being picky) because it starts on D and ends on D. I think but im not sure. If anybody could tell me if this is right it would be a bonus

If the one sharp is A# (Actually Bb, this is correct) then it's F major. If you think it sounds more like D minor then that's it.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation