Hello

I have to do a project for school in english (the lesson english). We did something similair last year except we were given topics. This year he said we could do whatever we wanted to. Now this leaves me a little bit stuck because i really have no idea what to do it on. I just need an idea so i can get started The idea can be absolutely anything. I will be greatful for all ideas

Thanks
um... um...do a barrel roll?

ok seriously... maybe a research paper on rock/metal history? its influence on culture?
or read a book and discuss?
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
well i have to give a presentation on it

Well like a powerpoint,movie or whatever its not liek an essay or anything
i dont think i explained it too well

It's a project/presentation. There's nothing to hand it and possobily nothing to write. I just have to deliver it to the class. So making a small movie or a powerpoint presentation or whatever is useful.
do how like music effects the world

but don't turn into Bono
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
What year/grade is this and what else are you interested in?
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
year 10. It's not for anything its just to test our presenting skills

It can be on absolutely anything. I'd rather not do it on anything musical because i doubt anyone in my class will find it interesting
Do a controversial book, and why it was so opposed. Can't lose.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
so do a powerpoint about how rock/metal influences culture today, alot of ppl have done that be4
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by ze monsta
Dude...I did that in like year 8...and I'm now in year 9 doing GCSE's (a year early)... [/brag]
Why ask the pit...just do sommit about a hobby...

Well done you!

Well you see the talk actually has to be interesting. From last year i've seen that doing a hobby,pet or doing some biographies are very boring (e.g a kid did jimi hendrix and it was boring).

I'm askign the pit for ideas not askign them to do it for me. An idea to get me started because i am stuck.
I've had more of a think and i'll do it on a war or something historical. You see no one really hears anything of a war like say for instance the vietnam war or something. Anyone got any better wars (as in more interesting) or anything better say for instance a disaster like fire of london plague?

thanks
Quote by Placenta_07
year 10. It's not for anything its just to test our presenting skills

It can be on absolutely anything. I'd rather not do it on anything musical because i doubt anyone in my class will find it interesting

Dude... you're in year 10 and you're not pushing out a new piece of GCSE coursework every two weeks??? DUDE!
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I guess you could do anything really, if it's an assessment of presentation.

Talk about something you're really interested in, so you have more to say about it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Dude... you're in year 10 and you're not pushing out a new piece of GCSE coursework every two weeks??? DUDE!

If you had to do a new piece of GCSE coursework every two weeks I'm afraid the school was having you on.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
If you had to do a new piece of GCSE coursework every two weeks I'm afraid the school was having you on.

Well it's almost that .
But really, we're not being given enough time to do projects for the sake of it.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I don't think we do coursework because we do igcse or maybe we do i just know we dont do coursework in science and maths because of IGCSE
Do it on the beat generation
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
And you registered today...don't make lame ass sarcastic comments already... And I was joking(though I am doing the GCSE course), hense the [/brag]...

Away from sad petty arguments, and back to trying to be helpful:

Just coz some kid did a presentation on Hendrix, doesn't mean his topic was bad, just not directed at the right people. Or it was just done badly.
The French Revolution is fairly interesting, you haven't given any specifics though apart from that it can be on anything. If it can be on anything, just do barrel rolls, and make it interesting and funny for the class, as that's who the presentation is aimed at, meaning it will be a success (though obviously...they aren't all Pit Monkeys)
How long does it have to be?
How long do you have to make it?
Last edited by ze monsta at Nov 18, 2007,
Quote by ze monsta
And you registered today...don't make lame ass sarcastic comments already... And I was joking(though I am doing the GCSE course), hense the [/brag]...

Away from sad petty arguments, and back to trying to be helpful:

Just coz some kid did a presentation on Hendrix, doesn't mean his topic was bad, just not directed at the right people. Or it was just done badly.
The French Revolution is fairly interesting, you haven't given any specifics though apart from that it can be on anything. If it can be on anything, just do barrel rolls, and make it interesting and funny for the class, as that's who the presentation is aimed at, meaning it will be a success (though obviously...they aren't all Pit Monkeys)
How long does it have to be?
How long do you have to make it?

Or The Russian Revolution, that's always interesting.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Or The Russian Revolution, that's always interesting.

A presentation on Comrade Lenin? We must crush this anti-Bolshevik school system! Your presentation will be Bolshevik ideals, THE RIGHT IDEALS. ARE YOU WITH ME, COMRADES?!

Because if you're not I'll have to have you shot.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
A presentation on Comrade Lenin? We must crush this anti-Bolshevik school system! Your presentation will be Bolshevik ideals, THE RIGHT IDEALS. ARE YOU WITH ME, COMRADES?!

Because if you're not I'll have to have you shot.

Actually, I swear my school is feeding Commie ideals in to all of the students. Almost ALL of the kids seem to be communists, or left-wing to some level.
Most biographies that i've seen doen havn't been very interesting and so what i meant was i wanted to stay away from them. It can be as long or short as you like. My last oen was 4 minutes and i thought that was about right. I'll have a look into the revolutions. You see last time around i made a move on 'the fire of london' and i made little houses out of cardboard painted them like they were supposed to look at the time, poured paint remover all over it. Then i burnt it and videod it. Now people want me to burn something again