First of all, I'm sorry if I didn't use the search bar, but I didn't find any threads that match my question, don't be rude if you're gonna correct me. My question is this. Is the Marshall MG Half-Stack a big improvement from a Line 6 Spider III 75w? Because I fell for Line 6's marketing and bought the damned thing and now any guitar I put through my Spider sounds like S**t, at first I thought it was just my Squire but now I have a Schecter and No Difference in the sound.
My stuff:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Spider III 75W w/ FBV Express
Squire Affinity Series Strat
Fender Frontman 15W Amp
Fender 57 Mini Twin Deluxe Tweed Mini-Amp
No. The MG and Spider are on the same level. Having realised that you don't like your Spider, I think you are ready to make the move from cheap solid state amps to good quality valve amps.

How much do you have to spend, and what kind of music do you play?
or a decent SS amp. Dont rule out SS because there are cheap crappy ones, there are some nice ones out there too. Some of hughes and ketteners solid state amps put cheap tube amps to shame, and there are other good brands too (randall, etc...)

but the MG and line6 are both digital and horrible. You want an amp that sounds/reacts like an amp, not a toy.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
I wanna spend within 1000 US dollars or less if I'm obsessive about that new amp. I play rock, hard rock, classic rock, and metal
My stuff:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Spider III 75W w/ FBV Express
Squire Affinity Series Strat
Fender Frontman 15W Amp
Fender 57 Mini Twin Deluxe Tweed Mini-Amp
Last edited by Hardrockbryan at Nov 18, 2007,
Used Peavey 5150 or 6505 combo enough said.

ebay it, fits in your price range, awesome amp, perfect for you.

I want one myself

and yeah, its so loud if you put the mg halfstack next to it on max volume, the peavey would drone the thing out at half volume or less.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Quote by Hardrockbryan
I wanna spend within 1000 or less if I'm obsessive about that new amp. I play rock, hard rock, classic rock, and metal

Dollars? ENGL combo
Pounds? ENGL combo
There are plenty of other great amps out there though, want good cheap valve? Peavey Valveking, or Laneys
ohai little sig.
yeah but if hes talking dollars, he can score a peavey 5150 combo used for $800. Why stick to cheaper tube amps when he can get awesomeness?

if you want a cheaper amp, I think a peavey windsor would work, but you'd want an overdrive pedal to boost it for metal, and its single channel, so no cleans...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q