Well i bought myself a G&L Legacy ( MIA not the cheap mexican or jap ones:P) when i was in town a few months ago ( fronm a known store in my area)

the firt few days it wass buzzing so i adjusted the truss rod a liuttle bit, now i found my action too high these days, so i tried turning it, i would barely turn and it would be already unscrewed meaning it would only go one way.........should i be worried or is it a quick fix for a tech ( the store is 4 hour drive away)

the guitar it self is playing perfetly except for the action not as low as i want it :P....btw i play .09 GHS boomers if that might matter
Truss rod is not for adjusting actions.

Which way is your neck bending towards?

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Right, then it seems like you have tightened the truss rod a bit.

To get rid of the buzz, you need to loosen it a little.

But before you do anything. fret the 12th and 1st fret to check if the it is indeed backbowed or straight.

EDIT: DO NOT DO ANYTHING YET! Unless your neck is backbowed or dead straight.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Last edited by p.stick at Nov 18, 2007,
the thing is if i untighten it..........its completely unscrewed? get it? i cant unscrew so i think im f***'ed
In that case then. Leave the truss rod. Next time when you change your strings. Change it to 10s. And lower the action at the bridge rather than messing around with the truss rod.

Quote by KileManA7X

Quote by p.stick
In that case then. Leave the truss rod. Next time when you change your strings. Change it to 10s. And lower the action at the bridge rather than messing around with the truss rod.

i think thats what ill do.....as 10'S will pull more on the neck and make it a temporary fix

until i get it fixed by someone :P

right?
If you want to go back to 9s, then yes.

Next time when you mess around with the truss rod (should always be avoided) make sure you mark the original position. So if the neck is messed up afterwards, you can always go back to where it was before.

Quote by KileManA7X

Quote by p.stick
If you want to go back to 9s, then yes.

Next time when you mess around with the truss rod (should always be avoided) make sure you mark the original position. So if the neck is messed up afterwards, you can always go back to where it was before.

i think thats what ill do lol

thatll teach me to **** around with my expensive guitar lol