I've been playing since christmas, and i plan on getting new guitar and amp to replace my starter stuff. i play mainly hard rock stuff ie. led zeppelin, black sabbath, metallica etc. [not too much metal, so i don't think i'll need really high gain].
So far i'm really tempted by the epiphone iommi sg, nice gibson humbuckers and grover tuners. Amp-wise I'm not too sure, I guess vox valvetronix looks interesting. I'm not sure what size of wattage, so far i'm not in a band yet but hopefully some point in the future i might be, so i don't know whether 30 watt or 50 watt would be better.

Basically any suggestions on other guitars/amps to think about would be welcome.

EDIT: forgot to mention budget, Just now i've got about £500, if i wait i should be able to get around £600
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
Last edited by armstrong26491 at Nov 18, 2007,
Anything from 10 watts on is loud enough, but 30 watts onwards, the quality will increase.

I'd probably go for a Fender Frontman (10 watts, fantastic tone for something low range) so you got more dosh for your guitar. The vintage range also have great guitars for the prices, so they're worth a look.

Go down to your local music store with a friend who knows and try to blag a lower price as well.
Quote by Craigo

I'd probably go for a Fender Frontman (10 watts, fantastic tone for something low range) so you got more dosh for your guitar. The vintage range also have great guitars for the prices, so they're worth a look.

Stay as far away as possible from the frontmans. The 25r have decent cleans, however the small ones aren't good for anything.
Look into vox valvetronix ad15, the 30 if you are jamming with a band.
Tommi's SG is very good

But I'd get this http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/x50-pro/67531

Amp wise, Laney VC30 is very good. If you can get that used, it should leave enough money for a nice OD pedal to go with it. Or alternatively, you can get a DSL401 used for under 250. As for the vox, I would buy the 50w one, it should be loud enough for small gigs. And it has a built in output wattage adjustment thing. It can be used at home as well.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

How about the orange crush 30r?
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
I forget what its called but its a 7-string Ibanez that is made to rock xDD
For an amp you should get a G-Dec Executive
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.