like this

any links, sites or tips that could help me ?

and could i mod my strat so i have a tone control for the bridge pickup too ?

thanks a lot !!
Quote by The red Strat.
like this

any links, sites or tips that could help me ?

and could i mod my strat so i have a tone control for the bridge pickup too ?

thanks a lot !!

Well I know you can buy the parts for the S-1 on Ebay but not sure about the installation. That sounds awesome though, I have wanted to do that mod since I have heard of the S-1.There is a way to switch the tone control to the bridge. I did it and love it. The mod I did took the tone control away from the middle pickup however which I rarely use or at least I rarely use the tone control for that pickup. 1 wire is all you have to switch.
http://www.ratcliffe.co.za/articles/hotrodstrat4.shtml
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
is it possible to use the S-1 for other guitars?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by Lynchworm
Well I know you can buy the parts for the S-1 on Ebay but not sure about the installation. That sounds awesome though, I have wanted to do that mod since I have heard of the S-1.There is a way to switch the tone control to the bridge. I did it and love it. The mod I did took the tone control away from the middle pickup however which I rarely use or at least I rarely use the tone control for that pickup. 1 wire is all you have to switch.
http://www.ratcliffe.co.za/articles/hotrodstrat4.shtml

you can buy them installed on a pickguard already with pups and everything, but not as a 'kit' on ebay.

thanks for the link but i'd like to keep my tone control for my middle and neck pup

Quote by stradivari310
is it possible to use the S-1 for other guitars?

of course, it's nothing more than a special way of wiring and different pots.
Quote by The red Strat.
you can buy them installed on a pickguard already with pups and everything, but not as a 'kit' on ebay.

thanks for the link but i'd like to keep my tone control for my middle and neck pup

of course, it's nothing more than a special way of wiring and different pots.

The tone control for the neck pickup is not affected,to each their own
I have seen the kit without the pickguard and pickups at the ebay store The STRATosphere
http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-USA-Fender-Strat-S1-DELUXE-POTS-5-WAY-SWITCH-S-1_W0QQitemZ200175091356QQihZ010QQcategoryZ47076QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
Last edited by Lynchworm at Nov 18, 2007,
Quote by Lynchworm
The tone control for the neck pickup is not affected,to each their own
I have seen the kit without the pickguard and pickups at the ebay store The STRATosphere
http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-USA-Fender-Strat-S1-DELUXE-POTS-5-WAY-SWITCH-S-1_W0QQitemZ200175091356QQihZ010QQcategoryZ47076QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

yeah i know, i was just talking in general that i'd like to keep both tone for neck and middle, and have a tone control for the bridge. (without visual modifications)

and thank you for that link
that will come in very handy

now if someone could tell me:
-if it would be hard to collect those items from the bay link myself (and maybe even get higher quality parts ??)
-where there is a wiring scheme or something for the S1 thingy ?

thanks in advance again
Quote by The red Strat.
-if it would be hard to collect those items from the bay link myself (and maybe even get higher quality parts ??)
-where there is a wiring scheme or something for the S1 thingy ?

thanks in advance again
Finding the S1 pot and special knob is difficult. They're fairly rare.

Schematic and switch functions can be found in Fender resources. They're really quite good about documentation on this stuff:

http://www.fender.com/support/diagrams/pdf_temp1/stratocaster/0112024803A/SD0112024803APg2.pdf

http://www.fender.com/support/diagrams/pdf_temp1/stratocaster/0112024803A/SD0112024803APg4.pdf

You're welcome.

EDIT: Corrected links.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Nov 19, 2007,
There's a brilliant bridge pickup tone mod, I loved it - you open the cavity up, and look at the switch. There should be wires the the neck, and middle tone knobs. Nothing to the bridge. Get a 2.2nF cap, solder one end to the empty bridge section and the other end onto the middle section - voila. All other positions remain exactly the same, but when in position 1 (bridge only) you can control tone.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
aaahh thanks a lot, both of you
that was exactly was i was looking to get out of this thread.

(oh and sorry that i didn't search fender resources first before asking for the wiring here, i did search google though )

EDIT: i can't seem to find the wiring diagrams at fender recources for the am deluxe ? (cause i assume there's more to wire with an S1 equipped guitar tha the standard strat wiring ?)
ah never mind, i found it

another edit: wow, i just noticed you even looked for a lefty strat diagram, SYK
Last edited by The red Strat. at Nov 19, 2007,
^ Sorry. I originally posted the links for the 50th anniversary Am Strat,
not the 50th anniversary Am Strat DLX.

Fixed now. ( LH version as before.)

The pdf looks a bit cluttered, but cleans up nicely if you increase the size.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.