Probably because its an original from 1951
vintage gear goes for a lot. That said, strats from the 60s and before go for $15000AU + so over 2.5 grand for a pickup still sounds like a lot
www.myspace.com/funkmecrazy
Stevie Ray Vaughan and John Bonham's number one fan

"how do you make a 15 watt solid state amp sound good?"
Quote by p o e
step one, insert screwdriver into speaker
step two buy a good amp
cuz the guy knows someone will blow that much money on it
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
but why would somewon spend that much money on a pickup even if it is origanal, probly isnt any better than one from now
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
I'd buy it if I had thousands of dollars to toss around.
But I don't think it's that great to spend that much money on.
I don't care if it came from a Nocaster.
It really can't be that good of a pickup.
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
Quote by damm_punks
but why would somewon spend that much money on a pickup even if it is origanal, probly isnt any better than one from now

Its called making a collectors investment.
You pay a bundle for it now, in a few years it'll be worth even more.
For example, there was a gibson split-head explorer that was going for a million dollars. Now, it looked and probably played exactly like a dean explorer but the fact is that because its rare, and the reducing chances of similiar pieces lasting as long as the one you buy with time, you can sell it for a huge profit later on
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by damm_punks

maybe to restore a 51 nocaster.
Quote by silentdob
*waits for the legion of Dimebag fans to beat me to death with bottles of Jack*
BlackBeautyBoy does have a point.
I can definitely see someone spending that much money on a pickup to restore that guitar.
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
Some jackass is trying to take some sucker for all they are worth. I doubt it'll sell. Anybody that into this stuff enough to pay that kind of money will know that one isn't real.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
Some jackass is trying to take some sucker for all they are worth. I doubt it'll sell. Anybody that into this stuff enough to pay that kind of money will know that one isn't real.

mm...enlighten me...how do you know its a fake?
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by CorduroyEW

Not to mention you can, with high probability of success, reverse engineer it for the most discriminating tone chaser anyway ... and for less than a tenth of the price.

Quote by damm_punks

if you have a '51 nocaster than you can probably afford to replace a non-working or missing neck pickup. And yes, it probably isn't majorly better than ones from nowadays but it is different. Don't expect to accurately replicate the sound of a pickup like these with modern ones. This is the original, so will have 'the sound'
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Quote by DagMX
mm...enlighten me...how do you know its a fake?

There are several things that I'm not 100% sure about but I think they are wrong such as potting material and wire type. I'm not going to go into specifics on those because, like I said, I'm not 100% sure.

The thing I am sure about is that the cover has not gotten dull. Nickel silver only looks bright and shinny when it's new. After a few years of playing it starts to tarnish, dull, and turn gray. That cover is probably just a few years old, either that or it's chrome.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
There are several things that I'm not 100% sure about but I think they are wrong such as potting material and wire type. I'm not going to go into specifics on those because, like I said, I'm not 100% sure.

The thing I am sure about is that the cover has not gotten dull. Nickel silver only looks bright and shinny when it's new. After a few years of playing it starts to tarnish, dull, and turn gray. That cover is probably just a few years old, either that or it's chrome.

ah very astute...

though it looks more like chrome to me then nickel.
Plus i think if the guy was trying to fake the pickup, he coudln't possibly have missed the cover.

Perhaps the cover is new, whereas the pickups are old?...
either way, whoever buys it probably will have someone look it over first if he can

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
In addition to the cover, no pictures of the coil and the fact that the solder on there looks fairly new add up to make it look like a fake.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Quote by RHCPfan01
In addition to the cover, no pictures of the coil and the fact that the solder on there looks fairly new add up to make it look like a fake.
I've seen older solder joints that looked as shiny.

1 - If real he might not want to remove the cover for fear of breaking the other tang.
2 - If fake, one would think he'd have used a cover that hadn't obviously been removed.
3 - If real, he's asking for WAY too much for a pickup that's been opened.
4 - Real or fake, people still do pay too much for things like this.
5 - It's e-bay, ffs. What do you expect?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
^i thought it was either Robert Plant or Roger Daltrey first. but then it's not...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^ Bingo.

I had no idea who it was, until someone told me. I stumbled across it somewhere on the net.
I looked like that a few years ago.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
^ Bingo.

I had no idea who it was, until someone told me. I stumbled across it somewhere on the net.
I looked like that a few years ago.

If you've never heard Peter Frampton you should check him out. There's nothing like his guitar playing. I saw him live this past summer, he's old but his guitar playing is still excellent.
Quote by CorduroyEW

Actually, I've got an old 1966 Conrad that was rusted out completely and now it's clean and perfect (pics on UG profile page)... So he prolly used a good metal polish on it to make it look a little better. I used Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish and that stuhf is the shit. It'll even remove the gold plating on guitar hardware.