hi i have a marshall mg30 amp.
i noticed the other day that when i turn it on i am still getting power but no sound is coming out. If i turn the volume up full i can hear the sound very very quietly.
I have tried everything e.g cables, guitars, pedals etc so I've got as far as realising it is the amp that is the problem.

May I point out that when i turn on my amp it is not making that 'popping' sound as what you usually get when you turn an amp on.

Any solutions or suggestions? I really don't want to pay for repairs I dont have the money!

Thanks in advance

x.
wire inside the amp needs resoldering i rekon or mabee the one in the guitar.
if you have another guitar test it with that one and if it still aint workin itl be the wire in the amp
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
Last time i had power going into my amp but little sound coming out of the speaker i had actually blown my speaker lol
try a change of fuse or some loose wires going to the speaker. if that fails, try a smaller speaker using the amps speaker wires, or plug a set of speakers (even pc speakers) into the speaker out or line out if it has one. If it works normally with PC speakers, its something to do with the amp (but dont turn it up too loud with PC speakers plugged in! they will fry)
www.myspace.com/funkmecrazy
Stevie Ray Vaughan and John Bonham's number one fan

"how do you make a 15 watt solid state amp sound good?"
Quote by p o e
step one, insert screwdriver into speaker
step two buy a good amp
that popping sound signifies you're damaging your amp, when you turn your amp on at volume, all the power surges too the speaker, which amplifies it, and makes that sound, which damages the cone.

at least that's what my music tech teacher told us.

it's probs been blown over it, but it's only an MG, so buy a better amp, (or a fuse) and set everything to zero before you turn it on.
I'm actually going to go with the quote in Bobbieegay's signature.

But if you're that desperate, I'd seriously recommend just taking it in for repairs. Hell, small solid state amps are dirt cheap anyway - 'upgrade' to a cheap-o Roland Cube instead.
I have a 50 and it does the same thing all the time. I just turn the master volume all the way up, then turn the gain knob up pretty high.. then the volume usually kicks in.. sometimes it works if I keep the master volume low though..

It could be your guitar, but my guitar is perfectly fine and my amp continues to do it. I've had it in for repairs aswell numerous times, but the problem always seems to come back a little while after. You could try changing the fuse or something..
Last edited by kiefermatot at Nov 18, 2007,
Quote by Kikuta
I'm actually going to go with the quote in Bobbieegay's signature.

But if you're that desperate, I'd seriously recommend just taking it in for repairs. Hell, small solid state amps are dirt cheap anyway - 'upgrade' to a cheap-o Roland Cube instead.

haha sick
www.myspace.com/funkmecrazy
Stevie Ray Vaughan and John Bonham's number one fan

"how do you make a 15 watt solid state amp sound good?"
Quote by p o e
step one, insert screwdriver into speaker
step two buy a good amp