is there a reason why the clean channels are so consideraby quieter than the distorted ones? and also, the clean channel distorts pretty easily, i was wondering if there was a solution to these dilemnas. i love the distorted channels. and the clean ones are really good too, but they're not punchy enough for me. and when i play for the church i can't use switch btw both clean and distortion b/c the volume difference is too much.

any suggestions welcome other than getting a new amp
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
solution is you save your clean preset with the VOLUME up to the max and ur dirty with the volume lower so that both are équal

thats what i did on ma ad100vt
control your volume with the attenuator at the back and the master bottom and while you save your clean and distorted sounds to the amp use the volume switch ( between the gain and treble switches) to set the distorted channels quieter and leave the clean channels full if that doesnt make sense ill give an example im not saying to follow this but play with it and it will come

CLEAN CHANNEL:
Amp Type - Boutique CL
Gain - 5
Volume - 10
Treble - 9
Middle - 6
Bass - 5
Effect - Chorus/Reverb with "EDIT 1" at about 4

DISTORTED CHANNEL:
Amp Type - US Higain
Gain - 10
Volume (IMPORTANT ONE!!) - from 4 to 6 i forget which matches the above setup
Treble - 10
Middle - 2
Bass - 7
Effect - Comp with "EDIT 1" at about 6

from here you can control your volume with the attenuator at the back and i recommend leaving the master volume at 10 as it gives a better sustain in this position

hope this helps again play with it and good luck
i think i did try that actually, but it was still noticeable difference....specially when playing for the church.

but what is it that causes the clean channel to break up so easy?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Which clean channel? The first three don't really break up, especially boutique clean, awesome and the loudest of the cleans the vox modeled ones, the 15 and 30 break up, good for hendrix.

Obviously it is distortion on from uk70s right the way round, but I don't find the boutique clean does break up, well how loud are you playing it actually, and do you use the preset, or have you got in on manual with the gain high?

Craig
Floyd Rose DST-2
Vox AD15VT
Quote by slash_rocks2005
i think i did try that actually, but it was still noticeable difference....specially when playing for the church.

but what is it that causes the clean channel to break up so easy?

You ought to be able to, just turn the volume knob some more. As for the clean channel, try turning down the volume knob on your guitar.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
You ought to be able to, just turn the volume knob some more. As for the clean channel, try turning down the volume knob on your guitar.

i believe you mean that the other way around and this hurts sustain and full on distortion doing this just follow what i posted above and it will work end of story ive had this amp for about 8 months and i know it practically inside out
i have a feeling its more to do w/ the stock speaker than the models. now i DO use it manual, i like to customize the sounds myself instead of using presets (uggghh). but i also lower the volume and gain some in order to reduce distorted tones....but when i do that it makes it quieter than the distorted channel. and if i lower the volume on the distorted channel to attempt to balance the clean channel, it sucks away some of the raw-ness, shall i say, of the distortion....but im appreciating everyone's help so far. i really do love this amp.

on a side note tho, i know i could play this through a cab instead of getting the head model, but would it be loud enough for gig type things if i played it through a cab? if not then i guess i could just get a PA combo amp. im trying to be cost effective b/c i have so many other financial interruptions keeping me from getting my dream rig at the moment.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
where exactly is the Attenuator I have the same problem with my Vox valvetronix. Please let me know
Quote by Leybick

you're going to try and tell me girls don't piss out of their asses?

Gear:
Agile AL-3100 Gold-top Les Paul
Vox Valvtronix 15 watt
its on the back panel its only on the 30 watt model and higher. i think its inbetween the footswitch jack and the line out jack.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH