Quote by schecter_chris
you could just get a marshall mg100 and a boss metal zone

What do you class as cheap? I.E. Price Range?
that thread heading makes me cringe lol
most cheap metal amps sound balls
www.myspace.com/funkmecrazy
Stevie Ray Vaughan and John Bonham's number one fan

"how do you make a 15 watt solid state amp sound good?"
Quote by p o e
step one, insert screwdriver into speaker
step two buy a good amp
Roland Cube 60.
or Vox AD50VTXL but I haven't been able to try it out
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
line 6 spider III 75 watt works pretty awesome for metal and everything else and i know im gonna get beaten for writting this but dont believe them, spiders are awesome affordable amps
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
Quote by petey gunnz
spiders are awesome affordable amps

Shame you can get amps that are so much better for the same money.
Spiders are ****e.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

line 6 spider. any of em are good. i prefer the II's, though. you don't even need an overdrive or anything with these amps. they're great.
Quote by petey gunnz
line 6 spider III 75 watt works pretty awesome for metal and everything else and i know im gonna get beaten for writting this but dont believe them, spiders are awesome affordable amps

Yes you should be beaten with a stick

Roland cube or a used ashdown fallen angel or something

Peavey valveking?
If it's under £300 then I guess a Cube might be your best option.

You don't really "Need" any amp greater than 30, IMO. Though there's the Cube 60. that'll probably be your best bet. It has much more personality than the Spider.
Last edited by RAT Girl at Nov 18, 2007,
I have a Roland Cube15 and the distortion sounds are my friends' envy. I would not expect the Cube60 to disapoint!
+1
Quote by WantzChas
I have a Roland Cube15 and the distortion sounds are my friends' envy. I would not expect the Cube60 to disapoint!
+1

the other cubes are far better than the 15- the 15 doesn't have the amp moddelling which makes cubes so good.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by guitar12
Are rolands really that good... they look bad to me...
How can you tell from looks?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by petey gunnz

You could get a II for a lower price, and the II's sound better imo. Look on craigslist, thats where I got mine. I seriously have to clue why people hate them.
Quote by Yngwi3
the other cubes are far better than the 15- the 15 doesn't have the amp moddelling which makes cubes so good.

BUT the 15 is still good
Cubes are 10x better than spiders. I own a spider II 150 and trust me it sucks. I actually went and bought a distortion pedal and never use any of it's cool effects. All of the effects really DO suck! When you hear the sound clips on their website your like.... ok... sounds good to be, well they play really fast with a lotta strumming cause when you let the note ring it sounds like balls! For that price, I would get a roland cube 60
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ROLCUBE60

OR
a peavy valveking 50 watts
http://www.zzounds.com/item--PEVVKING112

For the valvekind i would reccommend getting a distortion pedal so you can "crank" those tubes at low volume and get the tube warmth out of them, but it is not nessesary.
Last edited by ESP_Shreder at Nov 18, 2007,
actually the roland cubes are pretty sweet i gotta agree i played a 30 in sam ash those things are pretty kool although ill take my spider over it anyday
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
Vox AD15VT's are great. They are really cheap but they are way worth the money, (£120).
Far better than the 15-watt Roland Cube's in my opinion.
Quote by ESP_Shreder

For the valvekind i would reccommend getting a distortion pedal so you can "crank" those tubes at low volume and get the tube warmth out of them, but it is not nessesary.

Yeah at your price range I would go with the cube, my friend has one and it's pretty good for those metal sounds.

********Disregard the advice in this thread telling you to get the spiders!*************

Edit: I just realized you were in pounds not USD so the Pevey Valveking 112 is in your price range right (I don't know how expensive they are over the pond)?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Last edited by Miggy01 at Nov 18, 2007,