Hey, i just started playing about 2 months ago and i have a LINE 6 30 WATT Spider AMP, and a ESP LTD H-500 guitar. Im trying to get into the curve of playing full songs.So i was wondering if someone can give me a song thats really easy for beginners like myself but fun to play.It seems no matter what i do my guitar cant sound like the ones in the bands.I dont know how to adjust my settings to get the right sound.I have Seymour Duncan pickups on my guitar.My guitar is in standard right now(E)).Right now my settings on my amp are as follow(10 is the max):

Drive=7/10
Bass=6/10
Mid=6/10
Treble=8/10

And i have 4 channels that are::Clean,Crunch,Metal,Insane
i am playing on the channel Insane. None of my effects are on there all off.
So can someone please help me out in playing a easy song?Thanks alot if someone helps me.Any info will be greatly appreciated.Thanks
nothing else matters is pretty easy all the way through.

Or any green day songs really

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

don't worry about trying to get the exact same tone as the bands, it's pretty much impossible
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
You will propably never sound exactly like the bands you are playing. There are so many things which define the sound, the playing style, the guitar, the amp, the volume etc.

To mimic someone's exact playing style is bit foolish too because it's more important to make music with your own way.

And to sound as close as possible as some band etc. you would need their high end gear as well.

But to your question, it depends a lot on your music style. Try Three Doors Down - Kryptonite if you are a beginner as you mentioned you are.
Ok thanks so much guys. I also have trouble tuning my guitar.Hence the reason why my guitar is in E.I dont know to tune down or up?I broke a string tuning it and i dont want to break another.Any help on that?I have a tuner.
holy you have a 500 and youre playing for 2 months? you must be loaded

try deep purple's smoke on the water, thats what i played
holy you have a 500 and youre playing for 2 months? you must be loaded

try deep purple's smoke on the water, thats what i played

Lol,My parents bought me it.It was 900$.But anyway moving on.I get intimidated(sp?)easily and im looking at the American Idiot tab by Greenday.And it looks really really hard because of all the stuff.Also for the solo it goes like this

e|---------------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-8-6---8-8-8-8-8-8/10-8-6-5-----------|
D|---------------------------------------------------------------|
A|--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--6-4---6-6-6-6-6-6/8--6-4-3-----------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------------|

Theres more but thats there to show you guys.How do i strum both strings without hitting the D string?Thats what i dont understand.Do i just play it as a 0?
Last edited by xzxZEROxzx at Nov 18, 2007,
You mute the D string with your middle finger, fretting with your index and ring fingers. I'll also have to say, you've got a way better guitar than amp, so if you can't find a tone you fall in love with, don't despair too much. And do you have to type in red?
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
You mute the D string with your middle finger, fretting with your index and ring fingers. I'll also have to say, you've got a way better guitar than amp, so if you can't find a tone you fall in love with, don't despair too much. And do you have to type in red?

Lol.I like red but i can stop.And thanks for the info now i know how to play it.