It needs to be under 500 dollars or around 500 dollars, I probably can't push it above 550. I want a Floyd Rose, I don't care if it's licensed, and I'd like to be able to stick active EMGs in it, but I don't care what the stock pups are, I just want it to be free to install, and not have to do bodywork to make them active 81/81 or 81/85 probably. The rest doesn't really matter to me. It's a birthday gift, and I was told 500 dollars was everything I got, and I really need a new guitar.
A Schecter or an Epiphone LP maybe....
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Schecter hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD MH series,

both have EMGs and an FR, not sure on US prices tho, probably too high, check used.

also, pickups will never be free to install, its always gonna cost you.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Quote by hairball
Schecter hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD MH series,

both have EMGs and an FR, not sure on US prices tho, probably too high, check used.

also, pickups will never be free to install, its always gonna cost you.

Hellraiser FR is 800 new, I'll try to find one used. I can install pups myself, I just can't do the body work for a battery compartment.
by the way mate, no point you getting an amazing guitar if you have a **** amp
yeh i know.. but your not gonna get a death metal tone outta ur guitar

all i wanted to know is what amp you got
people are just trying to tell you the tone comes more from the amp than the guitar, hence why its important
They have good points...
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Right now, it's a busted Crate FXT120. It's a friends and I told him I'd service it if I could borrow it. Just gotta take it out to music village. I know more tone comes from the amp, but I get tired of people saying it's crap amp, cause I like it, you know?
Umm, Ibanez RG's are great for hard rock/metal. Other great guitars for metal are Schechter Hellraisers.
How are the Kirk Hammett signatures? They've got everything I want and I can upgrade it to be perfect for me.
My friend's Jackson. I think it's a DXMG Dinky but I'm not sure. I just know it's got a dinky body type. It's red? lol.
Does anybody know about the Kirk Hammett signature? I'm looking at the $420 model...lol. 420. And I can upgrade it as I like...
Too many variables. Opeth could pull off DM with PRS + Duncan Full Shred set.
But of course: Amp > Guitar.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Yeah, of course. I was just looking for recommendations on the guitar, because I found an amp I like.
The Ibanez RGs look pretty cool. Fender makes a Strat with a Floyd Rose already built-in for like $600, but it's only a SSS, not an HSS.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

at the moment im playing a Jackson Warrior WXMG i think it is, looks metal as **** and im 100% sure it could get u a deaht metal tone if u wanted. love it. i got mine for £300 whihc is roughly aroun $500 so yeah, buy it!, got a FR too
PSN: Noverion