Guys, I find that the reason the majority of UG's users don't contribute tabs is because they don't know how/where to start. So I call all the UG veterans to come in and share their knowledge!

(Mods Sticky)
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
But there aren't really many techniques to working stuff out, it just takes time to learn to hear the music and be able to translate it. Granted you could use things like Windows Media Player and slow it down a bit, but if you don't have an ear for it you're still going to struggle.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
But there aren't really many techniques to working stuff out, it just takes time to learn to hear the music and be able to translate it. Granted you could use things like Windows Media Player and slow it down a bit, but if you don't have an ear for it you're still going to struggle.

are there at least any tutorials on how to use gp5?
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
There is a sticky here for Powertab & Guitar Pro where people can help you out if you're having problems. The trouble is there are quite a lot of things you can do in each program so the Q&A thing is really the best option.
I'm sure if you searched the net you could find some kind of tutorial for guitar pro.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles

+1
And plus you should be able to discern every tone that youre hearing is which note?
A little tuner on your mobile phone helps you out a lot.