Be confident, firm handshake, and be specific.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
where u interviewing at?
Quote by kriscornella2@g
No. Argument if i hear fall out boy i get so angry i am more likely to kick someones ass than when i listen to iron maiden

Quote by GiantRaven
****ing Coheed freaks...

FREE WARPED TOUR TICKETS!!!
zune. i <3 my turd brown 30 gig.
Don't tell them you are a good "people person". It's really cliche.
Quote by alecoholic
i thought it would be funny to crap in the top of my friends toilet and mid crap his mom walked in on me...

Founder of the UG Paintball Club
UG Paintball Club Group Page
Good handshake, sit up straight, speak clearly, answer the questions directly, dont dance around the point.
And act confident, even if you dont think you can pull it off, if you make him think you can, youll get the job.
Quote by AlecMag
You have made a potentially boring thread epic. Be proud.

Quote by rabidguitarist
deanwad could be right, actually.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
If it's a girl try to come on to her. Don't make it to obvious, lick your lips, look into her eyes, play footsy etc.

Hasn't worked for me yet but I'm sure it will.
Quote by Blue145
If it's a girl try to come on to her. Don't make it to obvious, lick your lips, look into her eyes, play footsy etc.

Hasn't worked for me yet but I'm sure it will.

Actually, this is America. It could work.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
don't let him see you cry

edit: or her
Proud Owner of Worst Question of the Day Award

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

The biggest fail I've ever witnessed was me standing at a door for 15 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't open MY FRONT DOOR with my keys. 5 minutes later I realized it wasn't my house.
wear something nice (like a polo maybe), speak fluently, be on time or early, tell them about your background, if they ask, (such as boy scouts, helping tutoring or anything that helps the community) and most of all... smile
Basically you just have to kick more ass than the other applicants. Therefore the most logical choice is to go in on the back of a T-Rex, with lazers.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Basically you just have to kick more ass than the other applicants. Therefore the most logical choice is to go in on the back of a T-Rex, with lazers.

+1 if i saw that i'd employ you, but mostly in fear of being eatin

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

The biggest fail I've ever witnessed was me standing at a door for 15 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't open MY FRONT DOOR with my keys. 5 minutes later I realized it wasn't my house.
Shirt+trousers+black shoes, don't bother with a tie.

Shave but not too much aftershave/colone

Firm handshake

Bring a copy of your CV / qualifications

Don't be too nervous on the day

Try not to call him 'dude' or 'man'
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
think about the 'obvious' questions they will ask you:

1. why do you want to work here?
2. why should we hire you?
3. what experience in this field do you have/can you explain your greatest achievement which relates to this job?

etc

just be relaxed, smile, eye contact. it's also good to have a couple of questions to ask them, shows you're keen and interested.

try not to pause when they ask you a question. if you don't know what to say, go with a "ooh that depends" or "the way i see, there are two sides to that argument", or "that's an interesting point, i think i would say..."

don't be afraid to ask them to repeat a question. if you really don't know, say so, dont bluff your way through it blindly, you'll only look stupid.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
At the end, when he/she asks you if you have any questions, respond with: "Well, do I have the job?" It gives you moxy points, and it is seriously the only reason I'm employed today.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
dress nice, not too nice though, kid around a little bit, but not to make you seem like a wise ass, ask intelligent questions, don't be too brief. where is the job?
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Just remember that you want to convince them that you are someone they would WANT to work with. I remember once me and a friend interviewed for the same position. I was actually more qualified, but he ended up getting the job because he was more talkative and better at forming a relationship (and no I don't mean a sexual relationship) with the interviewer.

Of course, I have improved since then and ended up getting a job at an even more awsome place. Well, to be fair I also had a recommendation from a previous employee who is now a professor, so that probably helped a "little" . For a while there I was waiting for my friend to get fired from the job so that I could be like "hey, I'm still here!"

As for dress, I've always dressed in a full suit and tie as I've always been told to do. But I suppose it may depend on where you are interviewing. I think there are probably online guides for this sort of thing!
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Quote by jallas
think about the 'obvious' questions they will ask you:

1. why do you want to work here?
2. why should we hire you?
3. what experience in this field do you have/can you explain your greatest achievement which relates to this job?

etc

just be relaxed, smile, eye contact. it's also good to have a couple of questions to ask them, shows you're keen and interested.

try not to pause when they ask you a question. if you don't know what to say, go with a "ooh that depends" or "the way i see, there are two sides to that argument", or "that's an interesting point, i think i would say..."

don't be afraid to ask them to repeat a question. if you really don't know, say so, dont bluff your way through it blindly, you'll only look stupid.

most practicle post.^^^

best to remember that red flags for employers are unanswered questions, holes in employment history (if it's your first job don't bother with this), bad or inexistent references, and bad grooming habits.

also, try to be positive when answering questions. IE. - don't say "I left my last job because I didn't like it" instead say "I left my last job because I found better opportunities"
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Also as for pausing...I personally think that pausing is probably a lot better than saying something useless. I've actually been told by people that I need to STOP trying to fill every little gap of silence and pause for a moment if I need to.

Of course, if you are really do have a good way to start off the sentence while you are thinking, I guess that is fine too.

You should of course be prepared enough that you don't have to pause for a long time.
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Eye contact!

If its a man, FIRM handshake. Show him that he's working for you now.

If its a she, just talk all relaxed and tell her how pretty she is. They love that ****.

Good luck!
all this advice is good and all but i'm gonna have to stick with the t-rex

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by oscarmyer
all this advice is good and all but i'm gonna have to stick with the t-rex

good choice
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Allnightmask22
At the end, when he/she asks you if you have any questions, respond with: "Well, do I have the job?" It gives you moxy points, and it is seriously the only reason I'm employed today.

Are you serious? This is the PIT lol, but I have an interview tomorrow as well and I want the job really bad.

What did your employer say and what did you say in response??
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
when he asks you where you see yourself in 5 years DON'T say doing your wife.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

^Or say ''in 5 years time?, well ill have worked my way up the ladder and i'll probably at the point where im ready to run a sword through your back and take over the company''.

Its simple and effective, shows you have drive.