So I tried out my guitar teacher Gibson lp customer and I absolutely loved it but then I realised I don't have 2 grand laying around so ive checked out the lp studio and standard on the net and I was just wondering which has a thinner lighter sleeker look and a thinner neck as I play metal and lost of shreddy stuff they both look like beautiful guitars but the standard is more expensive but if its worth it im willing to spend a little extra so which one do u think is best for me?

studio
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/gibson-les_paul_studio/1061

standard
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/gibson-les_paul_standard_60/1066
you can get the standard LP with a 50's (thicker) or 60's (thinner) neck.

The studio only comes with the 50's neck. If the neck makes much of a difference, go with the standard. If not, go with the studio.
Look at epiphone. I'm guessing this is your second guitar? Epiphone LP custom, Standard, even Elitist would be atleasr 200$ less, and with almost identical tone
Get an Epiphone Les Paul, chances are if you're still getting taught the guitar by a teacher, then you dont need a Gibson Les Paul. The Epiphone version Les Paul is still a really good guitar, and they sell it an an incredibly good price, especially if you buy B-stock. I doubt you'll even be able to tell much of a difference between the two, sound-wise and playablility-wise.

And noone quote my post to bring up the fact that Randy took lessons up until he died, I'm aware of that and thats why i said "chances are you dont need a $1000+ guitar if you're still taking lessons".
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I Wanna know what you meant
Quote by LastCaress88
Get an Epiphone Les Paul, chances are if you're still getting taught the guitar by a teacher, then you dont need a Gibson Les Paul. The Epiphone version Les Paul is still a really good guitar, and they sell it an an incredibly good price, especially if you buy B-stock. I doubt you'll even be able to tell much of a difference between the two, sound-wise and playablility-wise.

And noone quote my post to bring up the fact that Randy took lessons up until he died, I'm aware of that and thats why i said "chances are you dont need a $1000+ guitar if you're still taking lessons".

Actually, Agile and Michael Kelly are supposed to be far better than your average mid-range Epiphone (though Epiphones' quality varies widely even on guitars of the same model, and I'm sure there are some nice ones out there that are just as good as gibsons)
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
edwards
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Missingno476
Actually, Agile and Michael Kelly are supposed to be far better than your average mid-range Epiphone (though Epiphones' quality varies widely even on guitars of the same model, and I'm sure there are some nice ones out there that are just as good as gibsons)

Yeah, if you're going copy, I'd definitely go Agile. They're great guitars, really. I don't know what I'd do without mine.

And I'm not just jumping on the bandwagon, I actually own one.

But if you can afford a Gibson, get it! They're awesome guitars, and even if you quit playing later, it'll have wayyy more resale value than an Agile or Epiphone.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Kelly's guitars are ugly.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?