Hello all.

I really do not know that much about different guitars and what is best, so I am coming to you, the Members of UG, to guide me to the right path. Even though this might not be the best decision :P.

I am currently using a not-so-good Epiphone Les Paul (or at least thats what we think it is, we cannot tell since it has been painted over), And I am looking into getting a new guitar. I am looking for a good Metal Guitar (for Death Metal, Grindcore, some Thrash, and Black Metal). ESP (LTD, cheaper :P), Ibanez, and BC Rich are the 3 brands I am looking at pretty much, and I wantd to know your opinions on what I'm buying so I can really get the best one for my price range out there. I am willing to spend about $600.00 In Canadian Dollar.

Thanks for any Help.
I know Schecter makes amazing metal guitars, particularly the Hellraiser.
Guitar: G&L Tribute S-500
Amp: Fender Blues Deluxe
Pedals: Zvex Box of Rock
Schecter Hellraisers fit right in the price range, and if you're willing to shell out the extra $200 you can get the Hellraiser FR. From personal experience, it's a killer guitar. I'm not a huge fan of the 81/85 it's got in it, but you shouldn't be disappointed if all you're playing is metal. But I'm a loyal Schecter user, and they play very well.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
I really suggest a ESP especially if you are going to go into different tunings, they seem to handle themselves well. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/esp-guitar-basses-solid-body-electric-guitars?N=100001+306241+201358
That link should show you some good guitars, read the reviews see what you like. I would suggest the 1000 series but they are a bit more expensive then what your looking for.
Ok, for ESP I was specifically looking at the AX, EX and FX series, because they look nice, and are getting pretty good reviews (and the FX because Seth from Behemoth uses it, Tee hee). Are they Good models?

EDIT: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-AX260-Neck-Thru?sku=512883 This one looks really nice, Neck-Thru and everything
Last edited by AngrySockMonkey at Nov 18, 2007,
What amp are you using? The guitar isn't going to be any better sounding than your current guitar if you don't have a good amp to back it up.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Don't worry, I have a Boss ML-2 pedal. But I want a good guitar for downtuning, and good palm-muted sound, Fast Neck, and good quality. All of this while not being insanely priced.
RG321MH, and save up for a better amp.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
Don't worry, I have a Boss ML-2 pedal. But I want a good guitar for downtuning, and good palm-muted sound, Fast Neck, and good quality. All of this while not being insanely priced.

Sorry, but that makes me worry even more.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
Ok, for ESP I was specifically looking at the AX, EX and FX series, because they look nice, and are getting pretty good reviews (and the FX because Seth from Behemoth uses it, Tee hee). Are they Good models?

EDIT: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-AX260-Neck-Thru?sku=512883 This one looks really nice, Neck-Thru and everything

I have an FX400 and I love it to bits. It looks fantastic and sounds great too. When it comes to ESPs though, I wouldn't bother with anything below the 400 series.
"It's not a beard, it's an animal I've trained to sit very still" - Bill Bailey
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
Why Too much Distortion for you?

i agree
i have one and i love it its perfect for metal
but i think the metal muff is also realy good
i suggest a gibson. i know that they arent the most cheap but im sure you could find one on ebay or something. Zakk Wylde is probably the coolest dude in the foundations of metal and gibson is his main guitars.
Main Admin and creator of Chicnstu.
-Peavey + Washburn Amps
-Zakk Wylde Overdrive Distortion stompbox
-EVH Phase-90 Phaser stompbox
-Crybaby Limited Edition Wah
-Crybaby 535Q Wah
-Crybaby Slash Wah
-Coffin Blood Drive Distortion stompbox
Quote by Nathanieljohnso
i suggest a gibson. i know that they arent the most cheap but im sure you could find one on ebay or something. Zakk Wylde is probably the coolest dude in the foundations of metal and gibson is his main guitars.

Zakk Wylde is in no way shape or form any type of Death, Black metal, or Grindcore artist.
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
Zakk Wylde is in no way shape or form any type of Death, Black metal, or Grindcore artist.

Zakk Wylde IS MUSIC!
ESP F-250. Great for metal. My friend managed to get some good classic rock sound out of it, but don't know what amp/pedals he used.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0