Ok, so I recently purchased some guitars that are...let's say....not in their prime.

They are two acoustic guitars (if you can even call them guitars...) that have NO hardware. No bridge, no tuners, no nut, no scratchguards either. One of them I know I will not be able to fix, seeing as it has been wet and the body has swelled and cracked. The other is salvagable, but here's the problem.....I can't tell if it's a lefty or a righty!

You can see where the scratchguards used to be, and there were two, one on each side of the soundhole! I've heard that putting strings on a lefty backwards can ruin it, and I don't want to do that. How can I tell if it's a lefty or a righty???

Thanks everyone,

Aaron.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Hendrix backwards strung all his righty guitars, and he was fine.
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
It doesn't matter. You can switch the handedness of an acoustic by changing the nut and the compensation on the saddle. Since you have neither of those things, or a bridge, it doesn't matter.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Would the lack of hardware suggest that your going to put new hardware on it? Put right handed hardware on and it really won't matter
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
Yes, I am going to put new hardare on it. I was under the impression that due to some type of tension defference in the neck it might become damaged upon placing the strings on backwards if it were a lefty.....

well, thanks everyone, that's all I needed to know!
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.