i want to put new pickups on my ibanez artcore fwd semi-hollow

i play metal , and i want a pickup that plays really nice cleans, but sounds good with distortion(i know, its a hollowbody so it will feedback), and preferably from GFS cuz im broke
i was thinking the vintage 59 for the neck , and either the crunchy paf, or maybe the http://store.guitarfetish.com/visphuclfest.html">Vintage tele split humbucker( will this give me a decent tele clean tone??) for the neck
music=life
everything else is just details
which one r u gonna use on ur bridge pickup?

and do u know how to switch pickups on a hollowbody? (cuz i dont...)
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by kissmyaxe9
anyone????
Please don't get in the habit of bumping your thread in less than a day.
Quote by kissmyaxe9
i want to put new pickups on my ibanez artcore fwd semi-hollow

i play metal , and i want a pickup that plays really nice cleans, but sounds good with distortion(i know, its a hollowbody so it will feedback), and preferably from GFS cuz im broke
i was thinking the vintage 59 for the neck , and either the crunchy paf, or maybe the http://store.guitarfetish.com/visphuclfest.html">Vintage tele split humbucker( will this give me a decent tele clean tone??) for the neck
Repaired link:

Vintage tele split humbucker

(Please test your links)

The split pickup will sound like the neck pickup on the '72 Tele Custom (left) or either pickup on the '72 Tele Deluxe (right). Neither of these "sound like a Tele". They have their own sound.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Doesn't GFS have pickups specially made for hollow bodies?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
They have ones specially made for archtop acoustics. Not the same thing as the hollow bodies we're talking about.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
k... i LOVE my amp... IMO its perfect for wut i need..... sorry about the link, and i would have either the crunchy paf or the split humbucker for the bridge..... is there any other suggestions????
music=life
If it's perfect for what you need, why change pickups?

i mean, the amp is nice, id just like to get nicer cleans on my guitar.... like, on my other guitar , i can get really nice sound with that amp, but not on this guitar...... so should i get the crunchy paf or the vintage split...... or is there any other good pups i should look at???
music=life
If you need better cleans, try adjusting your amp's eq.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by kissmyaxe9
i mean, the amp is nice, id just like to get nicer cleans on my guitar.... like, on my other guitar , i can get really nice sound with that amp, but not on this guitar...... so should i get the crunchy paf or the vintage split...... or is there any other good pups i should look at???

I still REALLY think a new amp would be better. It will make a much bigger difference.
Man I love this threads. Will Minus and forsaknazrael, don't you two get tired of the phrase:

"Don't buy new pickups, save for a new amp"? =)

Some questions, do you really play metal on a semi-hollow? not very common.

Adjust your settings on your amp to play as clean as possible, and if it's not clean enough, roll of some volume. If it's still a bit crunchy, a new amp would be fine to.
I have no idea what I'm talking about. Don't belive me.
^Oh yeah, I didn't mean to criticize you in any way, I agree, I'm just impressed that you have the energy to say it about once a day in some thread.

I think a good idea would be to make a Guitar modding faq-thread, with questions like: "Will floyds fit my guitar?" and "Pickupblahablah"
lol i thought this was gonna be about your girlfriends boobs (gfs pups very misleading!)
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by m_hedborg
^Oh yeah, I didn't mean to criticize you in any way, I agree, I'm just impressed that you have the energy to say it about once a day in some thread.

Oh, no, I got that. I dunno, I just feel obligated to help the next user make the most difference in his/her tone. Weird, I know. It's nice, you know, once every 3 times I say it, when that person listens. It's amazing, actually. XD

Quote by m_hedborg
I think a good idea would be to make a Guitar modding faq-thread, with questions like: "Will floyds fit my guitar?" and "Pickupblahablah"

Like any n00bs would read it.
^Maybe not, but then they could be flamed with a good conscience =)
Some questions, do you really play metal on a semi-hollow? not very common.

Adjust your settings on your amp to play as clean as possible, and if it's not clean enough, roll of some volume. If it's still a bit crunchy, a new amp would be fine to.

ya, i know, not the most common choice for a metal guitar, but it plays like a dream, and it actually sounds really good on metal distortion...... and you guys have made me decide to buy a new amp, wut amp should i get in the under 500$ price range??? and also, how should i set my amps eq (like bass, treble,mids, and chorus and reverb) untill i can get a new amp???? if it helps any my amp right now is a ZOOM fire 30
music=life
im canadian, and ya preferably a tube amp..... the only amps ive ever used are ss, and i can get decent tone out of them, but nothin beats a tube amp eh???? lol....... and thanks for the help=)
music=life
k .... ill check that out.... would i get it thru ebay, or just used stores etc????? and for an OD pedal, would a zakk wylde od work????
music=life
with the od, i dont really like it on ss amps, but would it sound any better on a tube amp??
music=life
Check the Ultimate Settings Thread in the gear forums on this site. Just dial in the guitar player's settings that you want to sound most like. Once you find something close to what you want, just tweak it until you're happy with it. Granted, you wont sound like Slash if you dial in his settings, but you'll be surprised at some of the sounds you come up with.
It's so crazy in here you're gonna wish it wasn't so crazy in here!

1995 PRS CE
Fender 50s Classic Player strat
Johnson Millenium 150
Boss GT-6
allright.... thanks for helpin me save sum wasted money on pups lol
music=life