i was wondering if anyone could suggest any recording software. for the software itself, my budget is around $150. i plan on getting a new computer soon and using it only for recording. also i was wondering, how would i hook my amp up through a computer so i could record with it? would i need anything or would the software come with the needed equipment? i also have questions about recording vocals. would i need to use my power amp to record them, or could i just directly record without it?

thanks for any help
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
For best results when recording, mic your amp up, I'd recommend the Shure SM57
Software, ideally Cubase will get you great results
ohai little sig.
Spend the $150 on gear. Software is and will always be free; Ardour.

Save up another $150 and buy an M-Audio Delta 44, an ART Preamp and a mic.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
i already have a sure 58 mic, so i dont need a mic. i have a complete PA system.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
Quote by zackk
i already have a sure 58 mic, so i dont need a mic. i have a complete PA system.

Ah, including a preamp I'd assume. In that case, get some A/D converters (Delta 44 is great, and cheap) and then run the preamp outs to the Delta rather than the power amp.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation