i know the difference between a combo and tube amp, however, what is a trans tube? is it the same as a tube? What are the differences.
Transtube is Peavey's term for their hybrid amps. These have one valve in the preamp and then the rest of the amp is solid state. There isn't much of an increase in tone, and it certainly doesn't sound like a real valve amp, no matter what they try to tell you
Actually, Peavey's transtube amps don't use any tubes at all. It's basically the way Peavey designed the poweramp section to increase compression as you turn the amp up.
^ Really? Interesting.

I know that Peavey did make an amp at one point that had a solid state preamp and a valve power amp. I wanted to go and try it, but the guy selling it was miles away and it was broken anyways. [/off-topic]
Quote by Denthúl
^ Really? Interesting.

I know that Peavey did make an amp at one point that had a solid state preamp and a valve power amp. I wanted to go and try it, but the guy selling it was miles away and it was broken anyways. [/off-topic]

I know what you're talking about, the rhythm guitarist in my band almost got one.
It starts with a M I think.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

I've heard people call it a marketing scheme. I'm pretty sure it's an SS amp with one preamp tube or something... or like someone said with peaveys.
Transtube amps have no tubes. They don't sound too bad for what they are though.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?