My dad and I were cleaning the office in our house and we found my dad's old Silvertone he got when he was in 6th grade. It's fretboard is cracked, paint job needed, hardware rusted out (bridge, tuners, brass nut tarnished, new strings obviously, pickups may need re-wiring, pots too.)

I asked ne of the techs at the store how much it would be to restore. He said it'd be cheaper to buy a Gibson.

So, how much would it cost probably? We know it wouldn't be worth it. We still want to restore it, mostly for sentimental reasons.

If anybody could give us a rough estimate, that would be great.

Thanks.
pictures would be very helpful
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by neptune1988
My dad and I were cleaning the office in our house and we found my dad's old Silvertone he got when he was in 6th grade. It's fretboard is cracked, paint job needed, hardware rusted out (bridge, tuners, brass nut tarnished, new strings obviously, pickups may need re-wiring, pots too.)

I asked ne of the techs at the store how much it would be to restore. He said it'd be cheaper to buy a Gibson.

So, how much would it cost probably? We know it wouldn't be worth it. We still want to restore it, mostly for sentimental reasons.

If anybody could give us a rough estimate, that would be great.

Thanks.
NO.

Think long and hard before restoring this. It likely has collector value, just as it is.
Changing anything on it, other than the strings, might prove to be a big mistake.

Consider buying another guitar to play, and hang this one on the wall.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.