okay i was at aparty the other night and after everyone arrived we realised we had no way of playing any music... ahhh mega party killer and we were in the middle of nowhere so nobody could run home and get something... we did have my amp( a ten watt pratcise amp) and a cable the would alow up to plug an ipod or mp3 into the "guitar in" jack so we did and it worked we had pretty loud music for the night.

my mates said that was better then a normal ipod speaker thingy which is wat we normally use it have a nicer sound so they said bring it next time or someones else's...

but would this do any harm to my amp it still works now after a night but will doing that a lot damage my amp in any way?

thanks in advance

Quote by fleajr_1412
It's not a parody. Claypool took a huge shit full of awesomeness all over the album, hence the name.

Speaking of "The Brown Album" by Primus

no damage should have been done
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
it seems like the amp would have colored the sound a lil bit........... thats sweet though
“I used to be made fun of because I’d stay alone at home on weekends and play the guitar, but once I got good on the guitar, I got all the pussy I wanted"-EVH

Schcter C-1 Classic - Emg 81/85 @ 18 Volts
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 POD XT Live
^agreed, in fact by playing an ipod through a guitar amp you get a +3 on your next roll!
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
I use my bass amp as a sub works fine
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
-Frank Zappa
haha can you like use the amp EQ to change the sound? if so that would be awesome
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Why did you have your amp with you in the middle of nowhere? You're not one of those assholes who goes out to the town/park/local amusements/parties and takes their electric guitar + amp to try and impress everyone with your 1337 Blink 182 playing skillz0rz are you?

And yeah, it does work, you just need the right cable.
I'm pretty sure it won't do any harm dude. Btw i'm typing this from my itouch, which pwns
Quote by Steve The Plank
Why did you have your amp with you in the middle of nowhere? You're not one of those assholes who goes out to the town/park/local amusements/parties and takes their electric guitar + amp to try and impress everyone with your 1337 Blink 182 playing skillz0rz are you?

And yeah, it does work, you just need the right cable.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was at his house
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Quote by lemon
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was at his house

Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
i was at a friends house and i had the amp wit me to leand to a friend who was gonna be there too... and i'll have you know my Blink 182 playing skillz0rz are verry 1337 indeed...lol... but thanks everyone!!

Quote by fleajr_1412
It's not a parody. Claypool took a huge shit full of awesomeness all over the album, hence the name.

Speaking of "The Brown Album" by Primus

It works pretty good, just keep it on the clean channel and set all the EQ on the amp to 5 so it doesnt color the sound tomuch.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.