Something we did today in about 6 hours at my place. Think it turned out well. Especially for a home recording.

Peace.

c4c if you want it.

http://www.myspace.com/twistedambitionmusic
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Thanks man, thats me singing, only thing is I can't sing and play so it's ok when recording but we can't play live currently seeking a new singer, don't know if you read it, but thanks for the feedback man. Appreciated.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
that was a really good cover. the only thing i didnt like much was the intro guitar, it sounded a bit like tetris. the vocals could use a bit of work too. other than that, good job.
thanks man appreciated. Its being remixed soon, we sort of rushed it and did it in about an hour so the guitar sound will probably change. The kick and bass will be turned up to.
The guitar tone is crap. The vocals are sound good and fit the song. The drums aren't very well recorded (difficult to get good drum sounds with budget recording gear) and overall the mix sounds hollow. The snare in particular sounds very distant.
yup, its going to be remixed soon. we rushed it. about ann hour.
Not too shabby. Like you said it sounds a tad rushed but it isn't horrible and it sounds like you intend to work on it some more. All in all a good effort, I enjoyed it.

You can crit mine if you'd like. I did this about a year ago for a Hendrix trib I was working on but the project got scrapped so I never went further than this demo. I'd like to go back and completely redo it and pay a little more attention to the recorded tone, it sounded great in the room but the mic heard it differently than my ears did. I tried to capture Jimi's vocal line with wah guitar, the stuff at the beginning is where Jimi would be doing the "ooh and ahh" and the part at the end is where he is mumbling "Purple haze" and "what is this". I'll likely go back and complete the Hendrix trib on my own without my former collaborators.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=652690&content=music
Last edited by TeleInCO at Nov 20, 2007,
Quote by TeleInCO
Not too shabby. Like you said it sounds a tad rushed but it isn't horrible and it sounds like you intend to work on it some more. All in all a good effort, I enjoyed it.

You can crit mine if you'd like. I did this about a year ago for a Hendrix trib I was working on but the project got scrapped so I never went further than this demo. I'd like to go back and completely redo it and pay a little more attention to the recorded tone, it sounded great in the room but the mic heard it differently than my ears did. I tried to capture Jimi's vocal line with wah guitar, the stuff at the beginning is where Jimi would be doing the "ooh and ahh" and the part at the end is where he is mumbling "Purple haze" and "what is this". I'll likely go back and complete the Hendrix trib on my own without my former collaborators.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=652690&content=music

Too true man, i'll edit this post when i've checked it out dude.

Edit: If i seem to be taking my time, I.E a day or two, PM me and remind me cos you deserve it, I appreciate feedback. Going to meet slash tomorrow so i'll be a little busy.
i dont if it is because of my speakers, but i cant hear the bass. everything else is awesome. the vocals are very good, i like your style.
no way