i need someone who uses a spider III to recommend me a preset or show me there settings for a punk tone like blink 182ish. please someone with experience with spiders.
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
Hey man, I have a Spider also, now a great tone that you can get out of it is just go to the Metal setting *Green not Red* Just adjust your gain, treble, bass, etc to what you want. No matter what it always sounds good. As for it sounding like Blink-182 it prob wouldn't sound exactly like it, but you'll get some great tone.
i bought a used spider II because someone told me it was a good amp
that bastard lied to me, that thing sucks.....so now i have to save up for a new amp

lol sorry i couldn't help with the problem
Quote by john{ND}{NGD}
i bought a used spider II because someone told me it was a good amp
that bastard lied to me, that thing sucks.....so now i have to save up for a new amp

lol sorry i couldn't help with the problem
yeah i have a spider too. Its not great. IM buying a Marshal half stack. Try you set the mids a little down for your tone on your spider.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Quote by MetallicGod07
yeah i have a spider too. Its not great. IM buying a Marshal half stack. Try you set the mids a little down for your tone on your spider.

Oh God don't be an MG
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
High trebles, low mids, mid bass, mid to low gain.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by MetallicGod07

Do you mean a MG halfstack?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by MetallicGod07

Please don't be an MG. Those are worse than any amp.

On my Spider II, I think the Green crunch model sounds good for blink-182 stuff.
wow. all of you guys could be practicing or something rather than worrying about some stupid kid that you dont even know.

oh, and tom used a recto for years. so whatever the equivalent of that is on your spider. mid gain.
well, you could do it simply politely like "hey dude, its not really a good amp."
but you do it with such urgency like the guy who is ready to rape any piece of ass that walks in the room.

or do you just need to fill some void that your own rig/playing doesnt fill for you?
We just wanted to know what amp he's buying so we can prevent him from doing it. I didn't say anything like "Oh my god you're going to hell for buying that piece of shit!" I just asked him which model it was...
Ben
Okay, in case you haven't noticed, he hasn't told us what amp he's getting yet. How can we correctly flame him?
Ben
Quote by Ishiga
High trebles, low mids, mid bass, mid to low gain.

god damn spiders dont have gain knob does drive function similary?
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
yes
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Quote by petey gunnz
god damn spiders dont have gain knob does drive function similary?

Drive = gain on spiders