Old Eternal lord > Dreaming in Oceans > FTCOH > New Eternal Lord.

"We all have dreams" Chun-chun-chun-chunchun "they are unbreakable"

I love that bit
to X\Chazza/X

www.myspace.com/thehuntforidawave

kind of experimental but an amazing band
find their ep to download, its five songs of brilliance

and sealclub massacre, i agree partly but even though some slate it the new eternal is still pretty sick.
no matter how much they stole bury your deads sound in places.
Quote by sirenschant
to X\Chazza/X

www.myspace.com/thehuntforidawave

kind of experimental but an amazing band
find their ep to download, its five songs of brilliance

and sealclub massacre, i agree partly but even though some slate it the new eternal is still pretty sick.
no matter how much they stole bury your deads sound in places.

I would probably like the new stuff more than I do if it wasn't for Ed Butcher. I've heard some right horror stories about him and I hate his vocal style. In Ida Wave there were only a few lyrics in each song, the rest were just grunts and random screams; pure lazyness and probably the main reason his vocals were so messy in ida wave.

The old Eternal Lord had a really good edge, as soon as Ed came in it all went to sh!t.

Azriel split ftw.
Quote by SealCubMassacre
I would probably like the new stuff more than I do if it wasn't for Ed Butcher. I've heard some right horror stories about him and I hate his vocal style. In Ida Wave there were only a few lyrics in each song, the rest were just grunts and random screams; pure lazyness and probably the main reason his vocals were so messy in ida wave.

The old Eternal Lord had a really good edge, as soon as Ed came in it all went to sh!t.

Azriel split ftw.

Ed's vocals have come a very long way since ida wave, and the fact that they're just indecipherable backs up that he made it up as he went along, which is pathetic really
the new EL stuff has lyrics for sure, and personally i really like Eds vocals nowadays
but its personal choice i guess

the azriel split is the best work EL have done so far, but i have high hopes for the album considering the new stuff they've played live
ok, someone's going to have to fill me in on why this ED guy from EL is bad in some way? i'm confused as hell.

p.s i'd agree with the whole bury your dead thing, 'get to ****' has like an identical intro to a byd song.
rites of nothing.
Quote by dead_kennedy
ok, someone's going to have to fill me in on why this ED guy from EL is bad in some way? i'm confused as hell.

p.s i'd agree with the whole bury your dead thing, 'get to ****' has like an identical intro to a byd song.

Long story. Here are the facts.

At first there was The Hunt For Ida Wave . Ida Wave were on a UK tour with Australian band I Killed the Prom Queen , after which Prom Queen kicked out their vocalist and Ed butcher ditched Ida Wave to join I Killed the Prom Queen.

So Ed Butcher was happily grunting away in IKTPQ and Eternal Lord were formed from the ashes of Ida Wave, with Ida Wave's bassist Sam switching to vocals for Eternal Lord. They released a critcially acclaimmed EP and an awesome split CD with Scottish melodic hardcore band Azriel. A while after the split was released, Sam left Eternal Lord to become a tattooist which was soon followed by the departure of their bassist Johnson. who then went on to form Dreaming in Oceans

IKTPQ's album with Ed (Music for the Recently Deceased) did really well commercially and caturpulted them into worldwide status. Ed Butcher started missing his mum and decided to ditch IKTPQ to go back to England, quickly after which IKTPQ split up.

Eternal Lord had a vocalist's spot to fill, so Ed Butcher joined Eternal Lord and the bassist from From the Carnival of Horrors joined on bass, quikcly after which FTCOH split up.

Quickly after Ed joined Eternal Lord, they dropped all the songs from the EP and wrote a new set of random Bury Your Dead chugs, got signed to Ferret and are set to release a CD early next year.
Last edited by SealCubMassacre at Jul 3, 2008,
appreciate explaining it, makes sense now. thanks. i've still got to get my mits on some old eternal lord sometime.
rites of nothing.
Quote by dead_kennedy
appreciate explaining it, makes sense now. thanks. i've still got to get my mits on some old eternal lord sometime.

I'll PM you the old stuff tonight as a .rar on rapidshare.

They have new songs up.

In the second song it really does sound like he's saying "If you are my chocolate spread I'm lost forever!". I kinda dig his lyrics though.
I have one of their songs, something about swimming faster than jews.
Don't remember it being anything too special.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Last edited by 'StoleN' at Jul 3, 2008,
Quote by 'StoleN'
I have one of there songs, something about swimming faster than jews.
Don't remember it being anything too special.

Jaws, not jews. Dont worry though everyone makes that mistake