I'm going to be getting a new amp for Christmas but I can't decide on what to get.

Mainly I need something that will play a live gig.

I was originally going to buy a Hughes and Kettner 60w Blue Edition amp for $329.99

It has a great tone and I like it, but I want to buy the absolute best amp I can for that amount of money

so any suggestions??
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
If it has a great tone and you like it, that's half the battle. For the price, it seems pretty good, though I haven't tried one myself so I can't say. 12" Celestion is nice; you have to pay $380 to get that on the Vox AD50VT.
yeah, i know not every amp sounds the same and I play on this all the time at the local music center so I'm buying it

But I don't know if there are any other amps that would be better overall

btw the price was marked down from 479 to 329 (US $)
I havn't tried that Hughes and Kettner but i tried a Triamp and some solid state one and absolutely loved both of them. I can't remember the model of the SS but it had such warm OD, nicest SS i've ever tried. So if the Blue Edition is anything like them then it should certainly be worth it
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Also try out something in the Peavey Transtube series. I haven't heard the Hughes and Kettner, but I am a Peavey fan. The Transtubes sound the closest to a tube amp I have ever heard from solid state, but I haven't played every amp made. If you don't play modern metal you might also want to check out the Peavey Valveking 50 watt 112 tube combo. Very versatile for $429 USD. With the texture knob you can cut its power by two thirds if needed for home use.
Thanks guys but I can't spend over $330 really, but thanks though.

If I had $430 to spend I'd buy an cab and the Orange Screamer